Why become a member? ×

Micro Pog vs Boss OC3

funkyspuke

right,

I'm looking for an Octave pedal and can't seem to decide between the Micro Pog and the Boss OC3 .. so, I need your help!

what are your thoughts on both pedals? has anyone used both of them? which would you prefer?

I've always found myself looking at EHX pedals ... but then always opting for the Boss pedal instead. This happened when I was looking at distortion & synth pedals. I just found the Boss pedals less hassle/work and easier to get the sound I want. However, this time the Micro Pog seems to be the more simple/straight forward of the pedals!

the only thing I would like the pedal to do is add a small amount of distortion!

thanks

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1338982530' post='1681885']
The distortion on the Boss pedal sounds pretty good, actually. I haven't played with it in awhile though because the knobs don't do anything for some reason..
[/quote]

sure it's not the odb-3 you're thinking of ? or am i missing something ..

[quote name='funkyspuke' timestamp='1339016739' post='1682615']
I think the OC3 has an overdrive or distortion setting actually .. not sure how it works looking at it!
[/quote]

ah, news to me, thanks :)

yep, you're on the money. never bothered looking, as i always liked the OC-2. my curiosity is piqued. damn.

Edited by phil.i.stein

Yep the OC-3 has a reasonable drive section, a friend of mine uses it purely as a dirt box.

I've used an OC-3 for years now, just tried to replace it with an Octamizer but the clean polyphonic tracking of the Boss still won out. Regardless of the distortion, I love the Polyphonic mode, I run the range on full, and the OC-2 emulation is pretty spot on too. I tried out the MicroPog, it's a great all in one solution if you want an Octave up too, but down is good enough for me.