Why become a member? ×

Choices

Abarb26

I want to buy a new Bass and my choice is between a Ibanez BTB 675 or Cort Artisan A5. Does anybody have any advice? These both look like good value for neck through active basses around the £600 - £900 budget I have. Unless there is any other recommendation that fits this criteria?

Christ, if £900's your absolute limit then there is an assload of stuff you could go for!

Second hand, you could be looking at Sandberg, USA Fenders, G&L, Musicman, top range Yamaha BB (Nathan East signature springs to mind), Yamaha TRB pii. God there's loads! I'd kill for a budget like that!

But if you're determined to go brand new, you can't go much wrong with Ibanez, but that's because I'm an Ibanez fanboi. Nothing wrong with Cort at all. But really, you're restricting yourself seriously if you want a brand new bass.

Truckstop

If you're prepared to go secondhand then I would recommend a Spector Euro 5LX, but as others have said there is a wide range of excellent basses available for your budget on the secondhand market.

Personally I'd never spend money on a brand new bass ever again.

Thanks for the advice. I just want to treat myself soon, after playing a Yamaha BB5 on and off for a few years, I just had it in mind to go brand new. But all your suggestions have got me looking at the used market. Man there are some nice basses in that price range.