Why become a member? ×

both gone

pierreganseman

Hi guys, I am testing the water on this. This is a feeler as I know how hard it is to sell expensive instruments these days and I am not ready to let them go for nothing.
This would be hard to do, but stritcly to purchase the "god of frettless", I wish I could keep them and still buy an Fbass Alain caron 6, but life is not that easy.

Anyway, let's stop the bla bla....

The red wal :

Mahogany body
Olive facings
Indian rosewood fingerboard
Gold hardware
Gloss finish

On this bass, the gloss/gold hardware and red paint would all be extra and would literally cost you a kidney....

The frettless one :

Percy jones custom bass
Mahogany body
maple neck
Lined frettless

On this one : Wal was not able to say how many PJ custom bass were even made. It was sold in 1981 with a fretted and a frettless neck.
I am expecting the question : do you have the frettless neck on it??? I do not know wether the bass as i got it was with the frettless neck, or with the defretted fretted neck....

I would maybe be ready to let them go for 3500 euros each, due to euro being weak, this is £2850 which seems within reason to me....

Both basses would come with the Wal case....

I may come to my sense, and withdraw this at any time.... so be quick :-)

any questions?? fire away....

I can send pictures to any serious inquiry :) email me at : [email protected]

cheers

Edited by pierreganseman

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1338756539' post='1678997']
Percy jones custom bass
Mahogany body
maple neck
Lined frettless

On this one : Wal was not able to say how many PJ custom bass were even made. It was sold in 1981 with a fretted and a frettless neck.
I am expecting the question : do you have the frettless neck on it??? I do not know wether the bass as i got it was with the frettless neck, or with the defretted fretted neck....
[/quote]

What is the story on this bass? Percy Jones did never have a lined fretless neck on any of his basses as far as I know.
And how is this a PJ custom bass? Never heard of a Wal PJ custom bass. Do you have some pictures?

Well.... man :).... I talked to paul herman about it... he told me this bass was sold in 1981 with two necks.... and did not seem surprise AT ALL when I told him it was a PJ bass..... when i asked him how many PJ were made he said and I quote "very few... i do NOT know..."

pictures will be up soon... been very busy....

Edited by pierreganseman

ok, this is the very first time I see a Wal with this PJ headstock. Thanks for clarifying. And sorry for the confusion. Maybe it was some prototype that never went into production.
I doubt if it was made for Percy Jones since he stated very clearly that he only plays on unlined necks. I guess we will never know for sure.

Very nice bass!

Edited by barend

Is this still yours? or is it already on resale again?:
[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-rare-WAL-Percy-Jones-custom-fretless-bass-1981-Mick-Karn-/300727138582?pt=Guitar&hash=item4604bbf916#ht_500wt_1203"]http://www.ebay.com/...6#ht_500wt_1203[/url]

Edited by barend