Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bugcrusher Micro

lxxwj

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1338587522' post='1677045']
Very rare these days. Not made anymore and seem they literally never come up for sale.

Iron Ether Frantabit is the closest sounding I've heard recently.
[/quote]
If only I could get a clone or something..
Hmm.

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1338597530' post='1677156']
If only I could get a clone or something..
Hmm.
[/quote]

Looked into it myself - part of the circuit/chip set is no longer made and folks can't find them - I assume why he stopped making them. Bugbrand still do a bug crusher, but it's more of a desktop unit than a pedal. I played with one and they are great sounding. I have a FrantaBit on the way now as IMHO it's the best bitcrusher available on the market today (The Geiger Counter is amazing, but is a distortion pedals with elements of bit crushing - as a pure crusher, the FrantBit is very special).

If you can get a BugCrusher - don't ever sell it on!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1338623683' post='1677235']
Looked into it myself - part of the circuit/chip set is no longer made and folks can't find them - I assume why he stopped making them. Bugbrand still do a bug crusher, but it's more of a desktop unit than a pedal. I played with one and they are great sounding. I have a FrantaBit on the way now as IMHO it's the best bitcrusher available on the market today (The Geiger Counter is amazing, but is a distortion pedals with elements of bit crushing - as a pure crusher, the FrantBit is very special).

If you can get a BugCrusher - don't ever sell it on!
[/quote]
I'll look into the Frantabit, thanks! :) Bitcrushing sounds amazing on bass, in my opinion. Definitely one of the cooler
things to use.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1338636385' post='1677426']
I'll look into the Frantabit, thanks! :) Bitcrushing sounds amazing on bass, in my opinion. Definitely one of the cooler
things to use.
[/quote]

The Bugcrusher isn't a bitcrusher, it's a sample rate reducer. The two do sound very different. The Frantabit does both though so hopefully it should fit the bill for you.

I bought a Bugcrusher Micro on here about two years ago and it's the only one I've ever seen for sale used. To be honest it does have its issues - if there is any supersonic noise in your signal it can create noise into the audible spectrum when it gets resampled, I wish mine had a low-pass filter on the input really, but it sounds excellent enough to be forgiven.

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1339335124' post='1686949']
The Bugcrusher isn't a bitcrusher, it's a sample rate reducer. The two do sound very different. The Frantabit does both though so hopefully it should fit the bill for you.

I bought a Bugcrusher Micro on here about two years ago and it's the only one I've ever seen for sale used. To be honest it does have its issues - if there is any supersonic noise in your signal it can create noise into the audible spectrum when it gets resampled, I wish mine had a low-pass filter on the input really, but it sounds excellent enough to be forgiven.
[/quote]
Feeling like selling anytime soon? ;)
Nice find though, those things don't pop up anywhere..