Why become a member? ×

Hello From Ireland, I'm new here...

PlungerModerno

Hello there.... I've been playing bass for nearly a year... nothing too heavy but really getting into it now. Playing with a drummer, thinking about band type situations in the next 6 months to a year.

I like rock and almost anything groovy. Hard to define precisely but you get the general idear... everything from Kyuss and Tool, through Thin Lizzy and Rory Gallagher, to Beach Boys, the Beatles, Booker T. & the MG's etc.

heavily into the low end. Played keys with little enthusiasm, skill or flair before. Found bass was my kinda thing...

That's enough yackin' helps to put me in context when I accidently upset somebody though ignorance...

Current rig: Fender Telebass (Modern Player), Harley benton hot rod PJ, Zoom B2.1u, Harley Benton 110W 112 combo. yeah, I'm workin' on it.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1337880296' post='1666959']
Hi Plunger,

Welcome to BC from another noob. I hope and trust you'll enjoy this friendly forum.
Quite eclectic list of artists you got there. Ain't it great to be diverse?

best,
bert
[/quote]

Thanks, I hope to enjoy it too. I joined Talkbass a little while ago - how I found out about this place.
I've been using DuckDuckGo mainly instead of Google's search engine, gets me out of their bubble (which I adore) but
It means I don't get europe / ireland biased searches... hence me getting loads of hits for Talkbass...
Nice people though, if a bit carroty.

It is good to be diverse. And music is no exception. On the bike this morning I heard (on random play) The beach boys "let's go away for a while"... immediately followed by tools "part of me". NIIIIIICE...
The hot weather.... it makes my eyes go funny...

[quote name='fatgoogle' timestamp='1337893768' post='1667208']
Hi there, Wooo another Irish bass player. :D
[/quote]

Cheers, I've thought about it and what I really need is more GAS. Lots more.
I've almost 100% decided on a barefaced compact.... B) gonna be a big investment... but the results should be a featherweight monster!!!

Edited by PlungerModerno