Why become a member? ×

Fender bass case question

basshead56

Hi guys,

Just wondering if one the 90's/'00's shaped/molded Fender cases would fit both a Jazz and a Precsion?

There's one going nearby (but not nearby enough to tryout). The guy said he used it for a Jazz - I wanna know if it'll fit my 70's Precision.

I have one back in Ireland and I remeber it fitting a Precision, cant remeber trying it with either of my Jazz basses. are there different versions of these cases that fit one model only?

I know there's a Deluixe version with the blue or red logos on the top side and they only fit the deluxe series.

Any thoughts?

Just a heads up but all my Precisions are in SKB FB4 cases which are brilliant (SKB made the Fender cases IIRC) and are 75 quid at DV247. The catches are far superior to the old latches used on the cases at that time.

They are the same shape as the Fender one in the picture and may well be cheaper that the case you're going after (they seem very pricey on Ebay etc).

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1337757359' post='1664849']
The standard Fender moulded case like this fits both J and P basses

[attachment=108548:Fender Moulded Case.jpg]
[/quote]

That's the one.
Cool. will take a punt I reckon. Doesn't have to be brilliant, just functional at this stage. I know they aren't the greatest cases ever made, but they do the job and the fact that it's cheap enough is a bonus, cause good gear is harder to find here. I have one of the new American Standard SKB cases and it's the mutt's nuts! Bought new through a shop for 300NZD so around 150 quid-ouch!

[quote name='basshead56' timestamp='1337807117' post='1665894']

That's the one.
Cool. will take a punt I reckon. Doesn't have to be brilliant, just functional at this stage. I know they aren't the greatest cases ever made, but they do the job and the fact that it's cheap enough is a bonus, cause good gear is harder to find here. I have one of the new American Standard SKB cases and it's the mutt's nuts! Bought new through a shop for 300NZD so around 150 quid-ouch!
[/quote]

I confirm : this type of 7.... molded Bass case fits classics bodies shapes. I had one with a bass and i both use it for my P and JB.

If you plan to buy it: is it a second hand case or brand new one ?
If it is brand new, for the same price, i would choose another trademark than 7.... because IMO you pay, above all, the logo and the quality is not always here. When Leo was running 7.., MM or G&L the cases didn't look cheap.

If it is a "roadworn" case, for a decent price, it will do the job being made of resistant plastic.

If you need pictures of the basses in the case, i can shoot few ones .

Keep on grooving

Edited by Emanew

[quote name='Emanew' timestamp='1337879370' post='1666943']
I confirm : this type of 7.... molded Bass case fits classics bodies shapes. I had one with a bass and i both use it for my P and JB.

If you plan to buy it: is it a second hand case or brand new one ?
If it is brand new, for the same price, i would choose another trademark than 7.... because IMO you pay, above all, the logo and the quality is not always here. When Leo was running 7.., MM or G&L the cases didn't look cheap.

If it is a "roadworn" case, for a decent price, it will do the job being made of resistant plastic.

If you need pictures of the basses in the case, i can shoot few ones .

Keep on grooving
[/quote]

Merci monsieur!

I bought it second hand last night for $85NZD - 50 euros, so I am pretty happy with that.
I should receive it early next week, so I will confirm if it fits.

Cheers
Colin