Why become a member? ×

Trouble keeping Palatino from spinning as I play

Hi, I have been the owner of a Palatino EUB for a number of years now and have made a few mods on it to make it work for me namely replaced stock pick-up with Underwood and half decent set of strings. I use it as a travel bass and for smaller tighter venues and I really enjoy it. My only problem is that I cant play it upright as it spins and rotates in my left hand as I play and I am almost anchoring it with my thumb. I have tried fixing end pin with a snare drum stand, and various other stands, lassoing the bass to my belt, several attachments and add ons to replicate profile of a real DB, but the only thing that works for me is if I sit down with the bass, end pin out and jammed between my feet. This is fine at least I get a seat but when it comes to solos, its a bit of a nightmare and I'm a bit hunched over and stretched.
Never happy eh? If any of you guys have experienced the same problem and worked it out, please give me a shout, shame I really like the little guy and wouldn't want to resign him to "novelty bass" Sorry for long winded story!

[url="http://youtu.be/3abOZF8X0TE"]http://youtu.be/3abOZF8X0TE[/url]
[right][/right]

If you can't fit a small outrigger to it which goes into your body, try fitting a rubber foot on the end pin (you can find various sizes/diameters at hardware stores) and putting a small rubber mat on the stage. Also, fitting a 100mm tee to the bottom of the end pin will do it.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1337604214' post='1662545']
Like [url="http://www.gelbass.com/bass/Eminence_parts.html#steadyfoot"]this[/url]. Don't know if it would fit
[attachment=108404:fourstringbass170.jpg]
[/quote]

Yeah that might work Mr Bassman! quite like the bass waist extension too, like a putter been jammed in the side.
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1337542149' post='1661710']
If you can't fit a small outrigger to it which goes into your body, try fitting a rubber foot on the end pin (you can find various sizes/diameters at hardware stores) and putting a small rubber mat on the stage. Also, fitting a 100mm tee to the bottom of the end pin will do it.
[/quote]

Yeah bassace I've placed a large rubber foot on end pin, might try making an Eminence type double rubber foot!