Why become a member? ×

FS: Gallien Krueger NEO 115 cabinet - £150 pick up only

Reverend

Hi,

Regretfully, I'm going to have to let this little puppy go.

First - the specs. It's rated at 300W at 8 ohms. I've used it with a GK 700RB amp (350W) for a long time and it's always sounded very good - it can get surprisingly loud without struggling. I often gigged it with a GK 210RBH as well, and it sounded really nicely balanced. It's a good cab. Sounds in line with what you'd expect from a GK cab really - super punchy, super clean, a little hyped in the bottom and top ends. I think it falls under that rather vague bracket "modern" - whatever that means :-) Lightweight, and it's on wheels, so never a problem getting it about. It has a jack input or a speakon input, and if you have a GK amp with bi-amp option it will work with that also. It also has a tweeter with a variable level control (although I'm not a fan of tweeters in general as you can see from the picture).

Condition - Not gonna lie - the cab has been gigged. Many many gigs - all over the place. So cosmetically it's seen better days. The covering is all still intact but a little beat up in places. Sound wise though, it's still the same as it was when it was new, as far as I can hear.

I'm asking £150. The new NEO 115 MkIIIs are about £400. You can pick it up from East London - EC2. PM me if you want to know more.

Ta.

Sorry if I'm being a complete noob here but is it safe to run.a 350w rated 700 rb with a 300w rated Neo 115? I'm looking at these cabs but my only worry is I can only get a backline or 400rb head to match as other heads wattage are higher e.g. 700 rb. Or did you always run it with another cab? Good luck with the sale

• 3 weeks later...

Still available, because if it's even slightly inconvenient for the seller to meet (in Central London, no less) he won't bother to even do you the courtesy of responding to your messages, even though it's clear from the forum that they've been read.

Heaven forbid if you would like to meet before 12pm - probably that rock'n'roll lifestyle...

For the record, I was fully prepared to rearrange my entire weekend plans to accommodate meeting for collection, but as the seller couldnt even be bothered to reply, thankfully I didn't have to.

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1338926641' post='1681301']
Actually I PM'd him and he returned my message in about 2 hours. Seemed like a good dude to me.
[/quote]

As he did to me - until I actually tried to arrange collection.

Wow Jakester! Way to over react. It's only a bass cab, please don't start casting judgements on my character on a public forum because we couldnt arrange collection. That's not cool.

We tried to sort out collection. You could only make a very early specific time on a Sunday morning. I was relying on somebody to let me in to a lock up and they couldn't let me in in the end on that day. Really sorry we couldn't work it out.

Cab still available by the way, and I've now removed the gear from the tricky to get into lock up. Should be a bit easier to get the stuff now.

I'm sorry, that's simply not true.

I offered to rearrange my weekend plans completely to accommodate you, but you couldn't even be bothered to do me the courtesy of replying to say that wasn't suitable. If you'd simply been polite enough to reply to any of my repeated PMs and say you couldnt make that weekend, fine. You do know the forum records when PMs have been read by the recipient, don't you?

But it's "not cool" to ignore people because it's seemingly too much hassle meet them. It's a basic courtesy that you seem to be lacking in, and it's taken me pointing it out here for you even to respond.