Why become a member? ×

New Amp Day!!! (2nd in less than a fortnight)

basshead56

So...

After bagging a major bargain on a 90's Ampeg SVT III and 410he rig, I really thought: "Done pretty well here, gonna be hard to top."

I was right, it was hard to top, but like I often do, I tried my luck on a trade and it paid off in spades!
I managed to swap it (almost straight - bought 100quid from me on top of the Ampeg) for a Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600 & Powerhouse 8x10!

Can't believe my luck, but the guy really liked my Ampeg! Less than a month ago I was using a Fender Rumble 100, had my Ampeg for a short time and now I'm in Mesa country and I LOVE IT!!!

Ridiculous volume and power, nice clear mids and highs and of course, trouser-flapping bass!!!

Downside, I now don't have a practice amp (miss my Ampeg Micro VR back home!!!!) so will have to track down a smaller cab to lug around
Upside- it's a freakin Mesa Boogie big-rig!!!

I can now say - [b][u]Amp GAS truly gone FOREVER!!![/u] [/b](Wicked gear in both hemispheres!)

Will post pics later.

I know, I've said that I've vanquished GAS before, but I honestly think it's true this time. haha

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1337098978' post='1655450']
That was a stunning deal for you, nice one.
[/quote]

Cheers mate. I do love being a bit of a jammy git in these kinda deals (that's how I got my Marshall VBA too!)

Talking of good deals, I got my Road Ready 2x18 on Ebay. It was an auction that finished at 7:00am on a Sunday morning and had a single £50 bid (from the seller) on it. I figured no-one would be up at that time and reckoned on a £75 bid with 30 seconds to go - got it for £62. It was only 40 miles to collect so no delivery either.

Previously owned by Skunk Anansie (apparently) I shudder to think how much one of those was new!!

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1337499114' post='1660790']
Talking of good deals, I got my Road Ready 2x18 on Ebay. It was an auction that finished at 7:00am on a Sunday morning and had a single £50 bid (from the seller) on it. I figured no-one would be up at that time and reckoned on a £75 bid with 30 seconds to go - got it for £62. It was only 40 miles to collect so no delivery either.

Previously owned by Skunk Anansie (apparently) I shudder to think how much one of those was new!!
[/quote]

Now THAT is a bargain!!!
Well done on that!!