Why become a member? ×

Squier MB-4 P / J Bass - £75

Shaggy

I bought this a couple of years ago for my teenage son to learn bass on, and when he inevitably lost interest used it myself for rehearsals and the occasional gig - mainly as it's a real cracker! (pics a few posts down)

I don't much about these, but assume it was Squier's take on a "modern-style" bass, with vaguely Warwick-ish styling and P / J pickups. Although it's a real lightweight with a very compact body, it's long-scale (34"), has a really fast lovely playing neck (birdseye maple with a good quality rosewood board) and has that proper big Precision sound, with a nicely scooped sound when the bridge pickup is mixed in. Fittings and pick-ups are generic but decent, and finish is an attractive metallic graphite.

Generally in good nick, but one minor issue - there's a small crack in the headstock from the E machine head to the edge. The pic makes it looks worse than it is - it's superficial only, is totally stable, and doesn't affect structural integrity.

£75 collected from Swansea, or £90 posted - Would trade for Alembic, Ritter, Fodera of course....... (lol)

Edited by Shaggy

• 4 months later...

Putting this back up FS at a knock-down price - missus is on house clear-out drive.... :-( I've re-attached pics here as decrepit lap-top won't let me re-edit the first post properly.

NB; I've included a shot of when it was fitted with Barts and high-mass Gotoh-type bridge - NOT included, just to show you how amenable to hot-rodding it is (it's really decent in orginal spec, but hot-rodded was just amazing....). Barts long gone, but can re-fit the Gotoh-type bridge for a tenner.

Now SOLD pending - I'll edit title when I'm able to access (ie; not on this ******* laptop.....)

Edited by Shaggy