Why become a member? ×

**SOLD - PLEASE REMOVE** FS 2000 Fender Jazz bass American Standard (converted to P/J)

miles'tone

Hi all.

Up for sale is my Fender Jazz Bass American Standard (made in 2000) which I have converted to P/J configuration.

I have owned this bass from new, buying it from the Bass Cellar in Denmark Street, London.

Since buying it, this has been my only electric bass (I also play upright), and I have gigged with it alot, playing many summer festivals for the past 6 of those years. I've never had a backup bass and it has never let me down. My reason for selling is that it's my 40th birthday this year and I've pushed the boat out and had a custom bass built.

As you can see I have converted it to P/J, this was done about about 4 years ago and the bridge pickup was replaced at the same time.

It is now loaded with a Fender Original Precision pickup (same as you will find in a Fender Custom Shop '64 Precision and also the '62 Fender American Vintage Reissue) and the bridge pickup is a Basslines Antiquity II. I have also changed the cap to an Ampohm .047 paper in oil. Needless to say, this bass sounds killer!

It does look a bit "road worn" but that's because it is, the genuine way! (I can't show every tiny ding due to the photo limit but I've shown the significant ones.) It's obviously well played in and feels and sounds so much better now than when I bought it. The maple neck has also mellowed some and gained an aged tint which I like as the American standard necks of this time were not tinted like the ones today.
This neck has the "Posiflex" graphite suppot rods in it and is the most stable neck I've ever owned. Never had any need to adjust it due to seasonal change at all, just for playing preference. The frets have lots of life left in them too.

It weighs 9 1/3 pounds according to my kitchen scales and balances perfectly when strapped on.

I bought the P routed J-bass pickguard from Warmoth in the states as their take on this conversion has a bit more mass towards the bridge on the pickguard, enabling the P pickup to sit in the same position as on a P-bass (If you put a P rout on a regular Jazz pickguard, the P pickup is too far "north" in my opinion).

This bass comes perfectly set up and intonated, strung (thru body) with D'addario chromes (105-50) that are nicely played in and are sounding awesome. It has the original Schaller straplocks but no case, It will be securely packed for posting.

This Jazz is a joy to play and is solid as a rock with more years left in it than I have.

I'm looking for £525 posted. So for that you're getting American build quality with Custom Shop tone for the price of a Mexican!

[attachment=107218:SAM_1633.JPG][attachment=107222:SAM_1628.JPG][attachment=107226:SAM_1626.JPG][attachment=107237:SAM_1634.JPG][attachment=107244:SAM_1643.JPG][attachment=107246:SAM_1636.JPG][attachment=107247:SAM_1637.JPG]

Edited by miles'tone

Yep, it'll be on its way Oop North next week. Bad news your way, though, is it might delay the Lakbird, which is the only thing which might move the Fenderbird out. Never say never, though... ;)