Why become a member? ×

Upright and FX - any views?

fatback

Hooray for E.S.T: http://youtu.be/lGGi5_oVF6U

Seems there's a bit of interest in them on here, so if anyone's keen I'd recommend Live In Hamburg, Viaticum and Seven Days of Falling. Although you can't really go wrong with any of their albums!

I think this is possibly my favourite example of effects on bass. Beautiful, if achingly European: http://youtu.be/wTOJGGdr_Hs

Urgh, I think I might buy some effects now..............

Interesting thing is, in all these examples it still sounds like an upright bass. Or at least, you'd have a hard time making those sounds with any other intrument.

A justification in there somewhere, Bilbo? :)

Edited by fatback

Right, well I've now gone out and spent some money on effects. Thanks a bunch guys. Especially you, Fatback, you'll have me buying guts next! :angry:

:P

p.s. Sorry Bilbo! I thought I might do a looped, heavily-effected version of Moondance to cheer you up though? Provided I can find the tabs for it online, that is.

[quote name='Hector' timestamp='1336671432' post='1649315']

p.s. Sorry Bilbo! I thought I might do a looped, heavily-effected version of Moondance to cheer you up though? Provided I can find the tabs for it online, that is.
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D

Did a fairly loud gig on Sunday night, all ready to bring the reverb/delay/phase creation I had created to the masses. In the soundcheck it became clear that the table of my bass was acting like a diaphragm for my pickup and the 9 foot Steinway to my right and the kit to my left were spilling all over my sensitive FX. Back to the drawing board