Why become a member? ×

selling Fender American passive Jazz bass pickups + 2 volume controls, 1 master tone control and accessories. price drop £40

For sale Fender American Jazz pickups + 2 volume controls, 1 master tone control and accessories.

2 American passive jazz bass pickups fully working order (just changed my jazz to active)
2 volume controls + master tone control fully working order (from the same bass)
All the wiring and screws included (from the same bass)

Great condition, About three years old (I think the bass is from 2009/2010 Brought brand new by myself)

Selling as a set, not sure how much these sell for so £ 40 Plus postage or collect from West Midlands area.

[attachment=107090:DSCF0009.JPG][attachment=107091:DSCF0010.JPG]
[attachment=107092:DSCF0011.JPG][attachment=107093:DSCF0012.JPG]
[attachment=107094:DSCF0013.JPG][attachment=107095:DSCF0015.JPG]

Edited by jackjazz

Aaaaah! Just bought a set of DiMarzios after cancelling my order for a set of customer shop fender pickups that never arrived after 7 weeks of waiting.

Bad timing for me but good luck with the sale.

Hi Jackjazz.

When removing pickups, you need to unsolder the wires from the volume and tone pots so as to keep them attatched to the pickups.

The copper wire which is wound around the pickups is extremely fine and very difficult to successfully attatch to the wires for the controls.

You may have inadvertently ruined your pickups.

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1336484037' post='1646214']
Hi Jackjazz.

When removing pickups, you need to unsolder the wires from the volume and tone pots so as to keep them attatched to the pickups.

The copper wire which is wound around the pickups is extremely fine and very difficult to successfully attatch to the wires for the controls.

[/quote]

I'm sure i can solder them back on.

Hi Jackjazz.

[/quote]

Handy bit of info that.

Hi Jackjazz.

[/quote]
I've unsoldered and resoldered, with reckless abandon, the wires from the pickups over the years without any adverse effects. I've never heard that before, but it makes sense I suppose. I'm tempted to buy but I don't have a need for them ATM. Good luck with the sale.

The terminals on the pups should be ok. I've never heard of a pup going dead from the internal hot or cold dropping off after excessive solder heat but I'll bet it's happened loadsa times. Always unsolder (or snip off) from the pots.

• 2 weeks later...