Why become a member? ×

Squier VM jazz

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-squier-jazz-bass-/330724380121?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D300703300609%252B300703300609%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8199362382039005487#ht_500wt_922

That's not very exciting. It's not your own is it by any chance? "This forum is for the discussion of Ebay auctions. Please do not promote your own auctions. If you have something to sell, please use the For Sale forums."

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1336221282' post='1642681']
That's not very exciting. It's not your own is it by any chance? "This forum is for the discussion of Ebay auctions. Please do not promote your own auctions. If you have something to sell, please use the For Sale forums."
[/quote]
i was a bit confused myself

Actually it's not my own, I've only just bought my VM and have no plans of selling, also my eBay account is the same name as on here, jackhammer1010, I thought this thread was for posting eBay links, no need to jump down my throat was simply a misunderstanding

I thought it was interesting. Maybe not as interesting to some as a fake Rickenbacker being modelled by an inbred yokel, or dare I say a blatantly counterfeit Fender (isn't this a daily occurance?) but there are folks on here who would be interested in a nice bargain bass. I don't think a week goes by that someone doesn't recommend a VM Jazz to somebody looking for a good quality budget bass.

I thought the point of the eBay section was to point out eBay auctions stumbled upon that might be interesting to other people on here. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll get back to applying Fender decals to Encore P-Basses for your enjoyment and pleasure :)

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1336486345' post='1646269']
I thought it was interesting. Maybe not as interesting to some as a fake Rickenbacker being modelled by an inbred yokel, or dare I say a blatantly counterfeit Fender (isn't this a daily occurance?) but there are folks on here who would be interested in a nice bargain bass. I don't think a week goes by that someone doesn't recommend a VM Jazz to somebody looking for a good quality budget bass.

I thought the point of the eBay section was to point out eBay auctions stumbled upon that might be interesting to other people on here. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll get back to applying Fender decals to Encore P-Basses for your enjoyment and pleasure :)
[/quote]

My point in the OP exactly, thank you very much, however I won't bother next time!

[quote name='jackhammer' timestamp='1336486584' post='1646274']
My point in the OP exactly, thank you very much, [b]however I won't bother next time![/b]
[/quote]

Oh, grow up. Are you honestly telling me that you're going to pick up your ball and leave the park because someone said something to you that you disagree with? That's pathetic. No-one would ride bikes if everyone gave up after they fell. You posted up a link with no explanation as to what made it noteworthy, the content was nothing unusual or of particular special interest (no slur intended, Squier fans - they're everywhere and not exactly difficult to come by) so people are bound to speculate as to what the story is. I only saw this once the auction ended, and what looks like a legitimate Squier VM Jazz going for £190 isn't particularly noteworthy or exciting. Perhaps when you posted it it was still at 99p or something. That's interesting.

In any case, if you're coming back for another game then I'm looking forward to your next contribution. Hint: to avoid unpleasant speculation, include some backstory next time.

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1336488677' post='1646313']

Oh, grow up. Are you honestly telling me that you're going to pick up your ball and leave the park because someone said something to you that you disagree with? That's pathetic. No-one would ride bikes if everyone gave up after they fell. You posted up a link with no explanation as to what made it noteworthy, the content was nothing unusual or of particular special interest (no slur intended, Squier fans - they're everywhere and not exactly difficult to come by) so people are bound to speculate as to what the story is. I only saw this once the auction ended, and what looks like a legitimate Squier VM Jazz going for £190 isn't particularly noteworthy or exciting. Perhaps when you posted it it was still at 99p or something. That's interesting.

In any case, if you're coming back for another game then I'm looking forward to your next contribution. Hint: to avoid unpleasant speculation, include some backstory next time.
[/quote]

If not being willing to write a book every time I see something on eBay and think 'ooh that's a bargain, I don't want it, but someone on basschat might' is pathetic then so be it!
it was simply a post to note a bass that is fairly popular and when I saw was at a good price.
also it wasn't that I disagreed with it, it was the patronising 'it's your bass and we all know it' post that annoyed me, as it isnt my bass I was simply doing what I thought this part of the forum was for

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1336488677' post='1646313']

[/quote]

Bloody hell its some sort of P**ssing contest, is it how clever your post now has to be to be considered worthy of submission

[quote name='jackhammer' timestamp='1336489295' post='1646325']

If not being willing to write a book every time I see something on eBay and think 'ooh that's a bargain, I don't want it, but someone on basschat might' is pathetic then so be it!
it was simply a post to note a bass that is fairly popular and when I saw was at a good price.
also it wasn't that I disagreed with it, it was the patronising 'it's your bass and we all know it' post that annoyed me, as it isnt my bass I was simply doing what I thought this part of the forum was for
[/quote]
Come on now let's drop it and move on. It was a bit confusing that there was no other content on the OP. I'm sure noone intended to upset you or insinuate anything derogatory was going on. Life's too short for getting peed off. Thank you for bringing an overpriced 2nd hand guitar to my attention.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1336497829' post='1646499']

Come on now let's drop it and move on. It was a bit confusing that there was no other content on the OP. I'm sure noone intended to upset you or insinuate anything derogatory was going on. Life's too short for getting peed off. Thank you for bringing an overpriced 2nd hand guitar to my attention.
[/quote]
Another ever so slightly amusing and immature comment. Just what this thread needs

[quote name='jackhammer' timestamp='1336504452' post='1646630']
Lol valid point, Im sorry for anyone I offended or upset in my thread, I'm bored of the select few basschat armchair warriors so I'm out
[/quote]

RE: armchair warrior comment - my approach was harsh and I'm sorry that I put your nose out of joint.

If I may opine - the whole "fine, I won't bother then" attitude is typical of the thin skinned, slopey shouldered, bendy backboned thing going on these days as soon as anyone is presented with some opposition, and it annoyed me.

In the face of a challenge do you flee or do you stand your ground and explain your position? If you don't provide any info then you open yourself up to question and speculation. Ignore it or address it, but don't give us the diva treatment.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here. I do hope that you don't take the hump and continue to contribute to the forum because that's just what the forum needs, contribution not conflict.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1336556640' post='1647338']

RE: armchair warrior comment - my approach was harsh and I'm sorry that I put your nose out of joint.

If I may opine - the whole "fine, I won't bother then" attitude is typical of the thin skinned, slopey shouldered, bendy backboned thing going on these days as soon as anyone is presented with some opposition, and it annoyed me.

In the face of a challenge do you flee or do you stand your ground and explain your position? If you don't provide any info then you open yourself up to question and speculation. Ignore it or address it, but don't give us the diva treatment.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here. I do hope that you don't take the hump and continue to contribute to the forum because that's just what the forum needs, contribution not conflict.
[/quote]

A decent post, thanks for clearing things up, I apologise for my comments, can we all be big bassy friends again? :P

But on a serious note, I appreciate my original post was lacking, and next time I'll make sure to be clearer on why I'm posting

Jack

[quote name='jackhammer' timestamp='1336563334' post='1647476']
A decent post, thanks for clearing things up, I apologise for my comments, can we all be big bassy friends again? :P

But on a serious note, I appreciate my original post was lacking, and next time I'll make sure to be clearer on why I'm posting

Jack
[/quote]

No worries man, when you boil it down it's all about the bass :)

[quote name='jackhammer' timestamp='1336484866' post='1646240']
Actually it's not my own, I've only just bought my VM and have no plans of selling, also my eBay account is the same name as on here, jackhammer1010, I thought this thread was for posting eBay links, no need to jump down my throat was simply a misunderstanding
[/quote]

Sorry for any offence, there was no additional text in the post to give a clue as to what it was about, and if everybody posted up links to every bass that someone on BC might be interested in then this subforum would quite rapidly become unusable. There have been a few people putting their own auctions up here recently, I'm glad you're not one of them.