Why become a member? ×

Fender Acoustic Bass BG29 SOLD

cheddatom

SOLD!!!

I've had this bass for around 9 years and bought it 2nd hand. I was looking for an acoustic bass, and this one has a slimmer body than any i've ever seen. It's much easier to hold and play than your average acoustic bass IMO, and you look much less like a mariachi when standing up. It seems to be beautiful construction but i'm not an expert. It says made in Korea. The model is BG29. It also says NAT on the same line but i'm not sure if that's relevant.

Some interested parties have pointed out to me that it's short scale, which is a pretty important peice of information I missed out here, sorry!

Anyway, it plays very nice, sounds nice acoustic and plugged in and is in great condition.

I think I paid around £350 but to be honest my memory is hazy

I'm hoping to realise around £300 from this sale, but please let me know if my price is off either way. I don't mind public discussion of the price as I have no idea what this is worth. I have no problem with offers much lower than this - the worst that will happen is I say no.

PLEASE any offers welcome!

I can ship this anywhere in the UK

There are more pics here but they're very big... [url="http://creepjoint.co.uk/bass"]http://creepjoint.co.uk/bass[/url]

I only ever play my 6 string basses now so this hasn't been touched in a couple of years, and i'm broke, hence the sale.

Edited by cheddatom

Thanks BIGd - as I said pricing suggestions are more than welcome. I did buy it 2nd hand so will add that to the OP to make it clear. I was hoping 9 years worth of inflation would be my loss on this bass but perhaps that's too optimistic :)

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1336127637' post='1641244']
Thanks BIGd - as I said pricing suggestions are more than welcome. I did buy it 2nd hand so will add that to the OP to make it clear. I was hoping 9 years worth of inflation would be my loss on this bass but perhaps that's too optimistic :)
[/quote]

Unless vintage, guitar gear deppreciates generally, especially items that are still available. I think asking the same price for something you bought 9 years ago is going some, leave the price as is, state that offers considered (Which this thread has probably done now anyway) and see what people say. Ultimately, the market will dicatet somethings value.

I think you should be looking at 9 years of deppreciation, not inflation!! :P

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1336136723' post='1641439']
As far as I can tell this isn't a current model and none of the fender ones I can find are as slim or have a single cut-away - I was hoping someone would have some more info for me really
[/quote]

I think the info you need is already in this thread?? ;)

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1336991403' post='1653526']
Bump!

I don't understand this at all!?
[/quote]

The comments made, would suggest the price is too high, someone even said that very thing, I was trying to be more subtle. I think its a bit rum asking the same price for something (non-vintage), that you bought second hand 9 years ago.

Compared with similar acoustic bass prices, it would appear high.

You're not supposed to comment on pricing in the FS section of BC though, so I was trying to be subtle with earlier comments, as you'd asked for some tips on how to improve interest in the item.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1336993651' post='1653578']
The comments made, would suggest the price is too high, someone even said that very thing, I was trying to be more subtle. I think its a bit rum asking the same price for something (non-vintage), that you bought second hand 9 years ago.

Compared with similar acoustic bass prices, it would appear high.

You're not supposed to comment on pricing in the FS section of BC though, so I was trying to be subtle with earlier comments, as you'd asked for some tips on how to improve interest in the item.
[/quote]

Like I said any public discussion of pricing is cool with me as I have no idea what it's worth.

I thought you may have been referring to something else... maybe Fender Acoustic Basses aren't great or something.

I will re-consider the asking price in a couple of days, but I did hope that people would just offer me what they think it's worth.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1337010403' post='1653930']
Like I said any public discussion of pricing is cool with me as I have no idea what it's worth.

I thought you may have been referring to something else... maybe Fender Acoustic Basses aren't great or something.

I will re-consider the asking price in a couple of days, but I did hope that people would just offer me what they think it's worth.
[/quote]

Not at all, I'm sure they are excellent acoustic basses, no doubt at all.

I'm sure you'll shift it soon. Not a great time for selling gear at the mo though, but hopefully you'll get a buyer.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1337160658' post='1656294']
How large is 'large'?? :P
[/quote]

To be honest I was only joking. I love cheese but for a cheese/bass trade to make sense i'd have to get much more than my fridge could hold. Maybe someone with an industrial fridge could put together a call-off deal for me, but I doubt it.

• 4 weeks later...