Why become a member? ×

Tokai Jazz sound

So a Tokai Jazz sound sold on Ebay for £508 on the 5th of March. The buyer then sold it on the 18th of April for £446. Maybe it's just me but this seems a little odd. £500+ is top dollar for one of these. I would have thought that to pay that you would really have to be after this particular model (maybe a Tokai enthusiast or collector) and pretty much know what you were getting. Given that it seems unusual to keep it for a couple of months and sell it on at a loss.

1st sale
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150742200790&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:GB:3160#ht_500wt_1413

2nd sale
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1982-Tokai-Jazz-Sound-/120894317820?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c25dce4fc#ht_500wt_1413

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1335020814' post='1624835']
he bought it and turned up and was full of deadspots? sell it on and it's ebay so risk of a loss.
There are folk on here who buy new and then sell at secondhand price in a few months!
[/quote]
Too true Luke, told you about my blue one!

[quote name='uke' timestamp='1335133415' post='1626297']
Sorry Luke, that wasn't a hint, just a notice to folk that, just like Fender, some were amazing players! and some were not! I've had enough of both now to know that.
[/quote]
I have a list of things to do after hand in, email you is one of them :)

(though you'll notice I'm managing to waste enough time on basschat already)

Edited by LukeFRC