Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: UK Ashdown ABM500 Evo3, Cover & Footswitch

RandomBass

Folks

As the subject line suggests, I'm parting with my Ashdown ABM500 Evo 3 (UK Made). It comes with a Roqsolid cover (black with white piping) and the Ashdown FS4 footswitch which allows you to switch Valve, EQ, Compressor and Sub Octaver.

It is only a few months old, and is in mint condition. I've been using it with a pair of Barefaced Compacts (one of which is now for sale) and it does sound rather delicious.

I'm looking for £330, and I'm based in Newhaven.

Cheers

Geoff

[attachment=105445:ABM500_Front.JPG]

[attachment=105446:ABM_rear.JPG]

[attachment=105447:ABM_Rear_2.JPG]

[attachment=105448:FS4.JPG]

Edited by RandomBass

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1334769909' post='1621009']
Details of the Compact please! Interested.
[/quote]

I will be putting up a separate advert for the Compact, but basically it is one of the first generation ones with plastic interlocking corner protectors. I've also added some chunky rubber feet to the base and side. Other than that it's the same as the current model. I've had it a couple of years.

Cheers

Geoff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Bud,
Tentative question.......
Always fancied one of these, how does the power output compare to the AH200.
Thanks in advance.
B)

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1362869688' post='2005756']
Hi Bud,
Tentative question.......
Always fancied one of these, how does the power output compare to the AH200.
Thanks in advance.
B)
[/quote]
Hiya

I haven't done a full A/B test between the ABM and the AH, but I do know that they have similar loudness as the output is turned up - then the AH seems to stop getting louder, and the ABM carries on a bit more. It's not a massive difference but the ABM just has more headroom I feel. You can definitely hear the family ties in the Amps (both designed by the same guy, Clive Button) - he seems to have taken a lot of the best of his TE work and applied and developed them further for his Ashdown designs.

I hope that helps, feel free to ask away...

Cheers

Geoff

[quote name='nuno1959' timestamp='1362965533' post='2006912']
Hi RandomB

have you sold your Ashdown yet ? would you consider the possibility of packing it & posting it to Portugal ? if yes, would you mind look into it ?

thanks
[/quote]

Hi there - amazing isn't it. This amp sits here for ages, then I get enquiries from all angles all of a sudden. It looks like I may have already sold it through another channel. If it falls through I will get back to you.

Cheers

Geoff