Why become a member? ×

Forming Bands for Underage musicians?

antonismbass

Hi,
When my Dad was teaching in Ashmole High School we was doing the pub circuit with his best music students because they wanted gig when they were 15 ish, of course, with their parents permission. The singer ended up working for Simon Cowel on several occasions being in the live band on X-Factor for the finalists, Paul Sayer played guitar in it if I remember correctly. Theres always wedding bands if he's up to the standard, Dan Sells (The Feeling) was fronting wedding bands in his mid teens.

Its easily possible for the young'ns to do it given the situation will accommodate, and should help them massively. Do their parents play? Friends of their parents? Could he take your place every now and then?

Dan

Just found this in a search and thought i'd comment.

When my main band started gigging i think i was 14, and i think the other members were 15 and 16. We were (and still are) getting driven to and from gigs by parents, and all our gear was bought through christmas/birthday presents etc... We did pretty well actually. We're still going now, but for the most part our gear is self funded (except our frontmans guitar and amp, as they're the same ones he had back when we started), and still being driven around by parents as there's only one of us passed a driving test, and that was only recently so he has no car or insurace yet.

We were all just friends when we started, though i have recently had more success (still at a reasonably young age of 16) using joinmyband and i think i may have posted an ad or two on facebook pages which i got a reply to.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

Thanks for the replies!

I wasn't sure whether all these sites have age restrictions, as I couldn't find young bands looking for musicians when I looked.

Unfortunately, he's not up to the standard (yet) so he wouldn't be able to join a pub etc. band.

I guess local music shops / rehearshal studios would be a good start...