Why become a member? ×

What do you think of Peavey 300 or TNT?

stefBclef

Hello everybody

Does anyone have any experience with using a Peavey 300 1X15?

I am wanting a cheap rig to play (mostly) reggae and I have found a 300 1X15 for £180. Although I feel like I could do better.

I have also considered buying a Peavey TNT 100/130 for now for rehearsal use.

Any thoughts either of these or indeed other suggestions for a cheap rig for playing reggae would be much appreciated.
Ta very much

[i]I used to have a TNT 130 and the only thing that saved it was the BW speaker. The sound wasn't great at the best of times and when you ran it hard you suffered, big time[/i]

[i]Might be better with a ext cab to get the full power... but then you need to carry two big things then. Might work but needs to be cheap[/i]

I used to have a TNT. 20 years ago, they were too heavy & underpowered.
Have a look in the Amps for sale section of the site. I'd be surprised if you couldn't do better for the money.

Had Peavey MKIII bass combo for about 25 yrs (I think), reliable 100%, heavy, I thought sound was pretty reasonable with Precision, Rickenbacker and finally G&L. Later had 300 combo.... loud and heavy. Seem very cheap for what you get. As ever try before you buy. [edit for spelling]

Edited by 3below

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1334348986' post='1615130']
Just noticed price..... should be able to get for less :) times are hard
[/quote]

Yeh that's what I thought. I will try and get it for cheaper. Thanks for the opinions, it seems like the Peavey 300 is quite liked for it's loudness and reliability!