Why become a member? ×

Isolated output powerstations

paulwillson

hit me up with your recommendations, im not really willing to pay for a voodoo lab considering im running just 3 pedals at the moment its just they are a mix of battery only and 9v adapter only with both negative and positive centres and it is getting annoying having a messy pedal board.

my fx chain is Bass>Korgpitchblack>Morley ABY>Darkglass B3k>Amp

I would be looking to spend at most around £80 but hit me up with anything you think would be helpful! You guys are the experts!

thanks, Paul.
I might even upload a pic to show you what a mess my pedals are in!

[quote name='cm261' timestamp='1334213811' post='1612529']
Well with only three pedals you could go for the Diago Micropower, with an adaptor, rather than its bigger brother.

Just taken delivery of one myself - perfect.
[/quote]

^ This. Super reliable and adapters available for what you need.

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1334220260' post='1612589']
Yeah all your pedals you've listed are centre negative so I'd just go with the Micropower and a short daisy chain personally. No particular reason to need isolated supplies with those.
[/quote]

I was just going to make that observation - I can't see anything there thats battery only!? Or centre positive...?

No to whore myself out too much but theres plenty of info/suggestions etc here :) [url="http://www.sheponbass.co.uk/blog/2012/4/7/signal-chain-bassics-part-vi-pedal-power.html"]Shep on Bass - Pedal Power[/url]

im sure the B3k ran an the opposite centre polarity than the pitchblack but i havent got it infromt of me. I think maybe what it is, is the fact i have alot of positive centre polarity power adapters floating about that my guitarist got off CPC and i needed a negative centre for the B3k so maybe i just jumped the gun and assumed it was a wierd one. Thanks for the help

You can get battery clip adapters to connect battery-only pedals to your 9v supply, would only set you back a couple of quid.

Another PSU option is the Johnny Shredfreak - its the exact same unit as the bigger Diago supply with a different brand name stuck on, and costs under £20. I use one to run 9 pedals on a guitar board with no issues so would cover your needs and leave room to grow.