Why become a member? ×

Peavey tour 700 and ?

paulpirie8

So I'm currently playing through a Peavey Tour 700 and an Ashdown ABM 4x10 but I'm looking to upgrade my cab!

I know the Peavey tour cabs themselves are supposed to be built like tanks and I've seen a second-hand one for £300!

I fear though that it's gonna be a heavy piece of hardware though!

Does anyone have any recommendations on a suitable cab? Or is the Peavey tour one gonna be my best bet?

Cheers,
Paul

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1334076294' post='1610580']
Peavey Tour into Barefaced Big One - I was more than happy. Into Barefaced Dubster is just immense, I can make concrete floor at work vibrate :) Sound good imo as well.
[/quote]

That's another great combination, I saw a guy playing a Tour 700 into a barefaced, don't know what it was but that sounded immense.

I can recommend the EAD to anyone after a cab. They are simply the best I have heard anywhere. If it were not for my currently unemployed status id have bought one myself a long time ago.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/152456-ead-extended-audio-design/"]http://basschat.co.u...d-audio-design/[/url]

Dave, who builds them himself and is very knowledgeable about the audio/PA world, is a lovely guy, and will probably arrange an opportunity for you to go and try them if you pm him and ask him.

He has a few cabs out there on trial with some regular gigging bands, so maybe one will be near you sometime in the future ? (he himself resides near Chorley in the NW of England)

Edited by daz