Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Sei Singlecut Series II (Melt) - PJ configuration. headed 4 string

lozbass

Bass now sold - thanks to all for the interest and enquiries

For sale (only - no trades thanks) - a Sei Singlecut Series II (Melt) in cocobolo and flame maple. Basic details as follows:

neck - 7 piece, flame maple and purpleheart
board - highly figured birdseye maple
body - ash with continuous wood cavity covers
facing - cocobolo and highly flamed maple (bookmatched to centre) with 'melt' joint (also, black laminate between facings and body)
pickups - bareknuckle PJ
active pre - Demeter three band
scale - 33"
side markers - LEDs in red

The bass is in excellent but played condition - cosmetically, I'd rate it as not far from perfect - the only flaws are the following (please see images):

very small indentation in the top edge of body (maybe 3mm)
small indentation/lacquer crack on bottom edge (maybe 5mm)
slap rash under D and G strings (just dulling of the finish - would possibly polish out if you could be bothered)
play marking on pickup covers
slight wear to black finish on tuner posts

I should emphasise that these are very minor cosmetic issues!

This bass was made for Alex at the Gallery - you can see him playing it (much better than I can) in a previous sale post:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169420-fs-sei-singlecut/page__hl__sei"]http://basschat.co.u...t/page__hl__sei[/url]

Usual stunning Sei construction - fantastic playability and low action, great ergonomics and wonderul finishing. In short, a fabulous melange of the most exotic tonewoods and a superb electronics package. The bass could use some new strings (IMO - the current strings are probably medium, I prefer very light).

Any questions, please just ask.

Edited by lozbass

As I've said before, this belonged to me for a while and if I had the money (I haven't!) I'd have it back in a second. Was only sold to get another (fretless) Sei that someone beat me to.

BTW, Loz is an absolute gent so deal with confidence.

4000 - thanks very much indeed!

To answer a few questions:

String spacing - this is adjustable and currently set around 16.5-17mm (c-c) at the bridge.
Nut - I think it's 1.5" but will check later
Neck profile - very slender and shallow front to back - the neck taper is fairly shallow too (the neck doesn't appear to flare like a J for example).
Tools - I don't have any adjustment tools but a standard set of hexagonal keys works well
Bag - I don't have a bag but can source one for shipping at cost (for around £15-30 - buyers choice)

I hope this helps - any further specific images, please just ask