Why become a member? ×

I'm in a competition on YouTube and I need your help!

nicklathambass

[quote name='nicklathambass' timestamp='1334748719' post='1620558']
Thanks for posting that Discreet, see what I mean about me being a noob? I don't know how to embed videos.. xD
[/quote]

No problem! Just copy the URL from YouTube and paste it in the post! Deceptively simple...
...and well done again. mate! :D Pics of that prize bass please, or it didn't happen! :lol: ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1334748795' post='1620562']
No problem! Just copy the URL from YouTube and paste it in the post! Deceptively simple...
...and well done again. mate! :D Pics of that prize bass please, or it didn't happen! :lol: ;)
[/quote]

Oh! Well now I feel even more dumb. xD
Thanks again!

[quote name='nicklathambass' timestamp='1334748646' post='1620555']
Thanks for the kind words and criticism! I don't really know how you can think the little tap has no musical reason for existing.. it's part of the melody! Thanks all the same though. :)
[/quote]

I know what he means - it sounds incongruous. The note may well be essential but the performance of that note stands out and not in a good way.

Congratulations on the win, looks like an amazing bass, fairly jealous. :)

[quote name='nicklathambass' timestamp='1334748646' post='1620555'] Thanks for the kind words and criticism! I don't really know how you can think the little tap has no musical reason for existing.. it's part of the melody! Thanks all the same though. :) [/quote]

Firstly, many congratulations! A well deserved win!

Regarding the little tap thing, it totally jarred me. The speed at which you need to execute it means you had no chance of putting any expression into it at all. As I listened, I was wishing you would slide the note up and release, or leave a space where the note was. Anything other than that dead little note that felt like someone sharply flicking one's nose.

Anyway, you play superbly, so don't worry about little criticisms like this.