Why become a member? ×

Mayones custom shop be4 FS/FT Sold

Graham

Up for sale is my Mayones custom shop be4, it was built for me in 2009 and I specced EMG active single-coils and an Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp rather than the stock Bartolinis. The body is amazaque, the neck mahogony and the fretboard, rosewood. I'm selling as I've moved into a flat and just don't have space for everything, so it's time to downsize and this one's been sat in it's hardcase since November

It sounds tight and punchy, but with all the low end you'd need - I tend to think of it as a cross between a Warwick and a Spector, or a modern jazz bass. It sounds great for metal - no more getting lost in the mix! I also used it for a modern prog band where it also sounded great and would definetly suit other rock, funk, jazz and modern pop players.

I recorded all the songs on the below Myspace link using it:

[url="http://www.myspace.com/echovirus"]www.myspace.com/echovirus[/url]

It's currently set-up in B-Standard with a fairly fresh set of GHS Bass Boomers, but obviously this is something the local guitar shop could easily sort out for you.

It comes with a branded Mayones hardcase with Schaller secrurity straplocks and all the case candy - manual, allen keys etc

I'm looking for £695.00 for it, or the best offer; the cash would be preferable, but I'd consider a trade for the one of the below:

G&L L2000 USA
Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub
Fender USA Precision / Jazz
Fender CIJ Precision / Jazz + cash
Stingray 4

I'm not in any rush to sell, as though I haven't got any room for it at the moment my parents are kindly looking after it, let us know if you want more photos from any other angles.

Edited by Graham

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is currently packed up and ready to ship, but as it looks like the trade I was arranging has fallen through, it's now available again.

I was going to trade for a Stingray 4 so if anyone has one of those going drop me a line, or a Precision of course, I do love a good Precision.

Forgot I'd left off the photo of the cool, scalloped, 6-bolt neck joint

Sits in your hand really nicely, you've also got the two battery compartments there - 1 for the pickups, 1 for the pre-amp and the wood control cavity cover

Edited by Graham