Why become a member? ×

peavey firebass 700 users

wally8

Hi all. I'm interested in what settings people use on the firebass to see what I'm missing out on. I usually run my eq fairly flat with no contour. I've read many posts on pros and cons re the contour, using a bdi21 through the post eq inputs on the front to give it some grind. Also some people say using the active button to cut db by 10 sucks the tone? can't say I've really noticed and I use it when swapping between my musicman and passive precision.

Cheers

[quote name='subrob' timestamp='1333754440' post='1606227']
Whatever i can get away with, without it cutting out incessantly *grumbles*
[/quote]

Mine cut out, I found the problem. There is a thermal protection thermistor(I think) near the power supply. It is a disk shaped component that bridges two pcb boards and is mounted in turrets. It was not soldered in to one turret (push fit I guess). Soldered it in, no cut out problems again.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1333780000' post='1606299']

Mine cut out, I found the problem. There is a thermal protection thermistor(I think) near the power supply. It is a disk shaped component that bridges two pcb boards and is mounted in turrets. It was not soldered in to one turret (push fit I guess). Soldered it in, no cut out problems again.
[/quote]

cheers geez, I may have a look at that

Thanks for the info guys. Mine runs pretty sweet, i think when i bought it new in 99 i had a broken solder issue as above after a few months but since that was fixed its been a beast. Also lugging that and my 4x10 about at gigs is like doing a hour at the gym!! Win win :)