Why become a member? ×

Snarky Puppy?

Ben Jamin

[quote name='blackmn90' timestamp='1333534190' post='1602926']
First off everyone who left last night had the same 2 feelings in common.

1. That was the best gig ever

2. I'm giving up on music

It was amazing and Ben Jamin i strongly urge you try and see them live. There is so much passion and heart in everything they play and having learnt about their writing process during the masterclasses, its not difficult for the sake of being difficult. For example i too, thought that they're songs were written from jams. But they said that they wrote songs individually and write all the parts out for the band to play in rehearsals.

Also a band called the fix must be checked!!! poor Bill Lawrence couldn't get his keys working so snarky puppy jammed through the songs and you would never had known if they hadn't had said!

If you like groove, this is THE band
[/quote]

Sounds like an ace gig! I'll check out The Fix too :)
After listening to some more of Snarky's stuff I must agree. New favourite groove band, yeah! :D

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1333731533' post='1605875']

As it doesn't seem obvious, the clip I posted was of a band called Skinny Puppy
[/quote]

Oh it was supposed to be a joke! Sorry... I watched the Skinny Puppy video and thought it was funny that the bands have similar names but sound completely different :P

Back on topic,

Just got back from seeing these guys.

As a collective, some of the best musicians i've seen. The amount of attention to detail taken in everything is truly masterful. If anyone has similar feelings to Siddx about the recordings, i strongly urge them to see these guys live before making a judgement.

The best £10 i've spent in a very long time.