Why become a member? ×

amplification / feedback woes*NOW CURED*

artisan

[quote name='timbass' timestamp='1347827517' post='1805577']
I don't know if my limited experience might help you - see my post here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/185503-ehrlund-eap-where-to-buy/page__view__findpost__p__1805565"]http://basschat.co.u...ost__p__1805565[/url]
[/quote]

hi,thanks for the info' but i am already sorted now with high density foam f-hole covers & double sound posts feedback is pretty much a thing of the past now :D

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1344451194' post='1764841']
ok got my finger out,here's some pics of my f-hole covers made by Jim Fleeting in Ripon who also fitted my 2nd sound post so my bass is "almost" feedback proof & stills sounds mega :)
[/quote]

That's what mine look like too ... I managed to get some thinner foam for the outer surface, so they sit a little flatter too. Just a cosmetic thing...
Nice work.

damn ... pics won't upload... hmm

Edited by PaulKing

• 2 months later...

just an update,i ate humble pie & bought a Fishman Pro Plat form Amazon (£128.00) played a gig friday night at a local pub,we were pretty loud & my bass was really belting it out (enough to make the toilet seats in the gents vibrate apparently :D )
i didn't get the slightest bit of feedback even when i leant the bass on my amp & just stood in amazment at the silence,i am really really impressed with the Fishman now i know how to use it,i had the best sound i've ever had too with good comments from the punters along the lines of "that bass sounds f***ing ace mate"
i when through the effects return jack to bypassing my amp's preamp so maybee that helped too i'd never tried that before but man can my Roland belt out the bass.
i'm so pleased i've finally cured the feedback.

• 8 months later...