Why become a member? ×

Do I really need an amp yet?

Mornats

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1333464028' post='1602059']
Although this has caught my eye: [url="http://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/backline/bass-amps/ashdown-mag-300h-evoii-half-stack-package.html"]http://www.kennysmus...ck-package.html[/url]

Wicked price for 300w of Ashdown MAG into a 210 cab.
[/quote]

Note though, that's a 4 Ohm cab, which means you're kinda stuffed if you want to add an additional cab to the setup. Good price though, if it's what you want.

As you're only rehearsing/jamming at the mo' though, I think I'd be inclined to carry on with the little 15W Laney, or borrow the 100W one, for now - no harm in keeping the volume down in rehearsals - and keep an eye on the for sale section until something comes up.

Good luck !

Edit - just noticed a GK head on here, 135 quid posted - seems a bit of a steal to me...

Edited by barkin

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1333471353' post='1602244']
Note though, that's a 4 Ohm cab, which means you're kinda stuffed if you want to add an additional cab to the setup. Good price though, if it's what you want.
[/quote]

Ah yeah, I did notice that. Good point about limiting the ability to add another cab as that was an advantage of going for separates.

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1333471353' post='1602244']As you're only rehearsing/jamming at the mo' though, I think I'd be inclined to carry on with the little 15W Laney, or borrow the 100W one, for now - no harm in keeping the volume down in rehearsals - and keep an eye on the for sale section until something comes up.

Good luck ![/quote]

This. This is what I'm going to do. I've borrowed my mate's 100w Laney Linebacker and will see how it goes. If the 15w let me at least hear myself then this should work a treat. It's got a lovely punchy sound to it and some really nice tones with the pre-shape option selected too. Plus the Reef connection is pretty cool :)

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1333471353' post='1602244']Edit - just noticed a GK head on here, 135 quid posted - seems a bit of a steal to me...[/quote]

Oooh, I'll take a look but my time limit is gone now so I can really go for what I want.

Thanks for all the help everyone and sorry if I rambled on a bit!