Why become a member? ×

SOLD MUSIC MAN SABRE PRE ERNIE BALL!

Hiperi0n

Wonderful Sabre Pre ernie ball , all original , very good condition , excellent sound , a beast...highly collectible also
price 1300£ + shipping (OPEN TO CASH OFFERS) i have some feedbacks here and a lot of talkbass.com
trades or partial trades considered
other photos are available on my website [url="http://www.bassoffice.tk"]Visit My Website[/url]

[url="http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1zepbA"]sabre1[/url]
[url="http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1zecIS"]sabre2[/url]

Edited by Hiperi0n

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='188731' date='Apr 30 2008, 11:51 AM']There's a lot of love Marco, just no money!![/quote]

+1, thats pretty much on anyones upper limit and the sabre is a great bass, but only worth what someone will pay, they are the same in dollars across the pond and at 2 to the pound you could have a holiday too.

gorgeous bass indeed, but its a very specific market

its a fair price for sure, but does it sound better than some of the boutique basses of the modern day??

if your eager for a quick sale, add £100 to it n bang it on ebay, otherwise be patient on here, but it will sell

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='nig' post='197101' date='May 12 2008, 01:58 PM']A thought, Its in Italy and as this is a uk based forum it may put people off as shipping prices etc need to be explained, also, what px's would you consider...bump.[/quote]

Oh yeah that's true also..but there are several person in this forum that did some deals in the past with me..you can search in feedbacks section , about shipping , shipping without a case removing neck (very well packed obviously) and tracked on line in 2/3 days delivered in Uk is around 30£ , but no problem i can give a free shipping if somone will go for a straight sale

About the trades...i'm always looking for vintage stuff like fenders or rickenbackers , i would consider also a bongo 5 + obviously some cash , or another modern 5 string bass + some cash or not (depends obviously from the model)
hope it can helps...i say again..sabre basses are stunning..i have to sell this one just because i have another sabre that is also the same colour (natural)

Here's a bit of individual experience for potential buyers if you are planning to invest in this as a proud gigging instrument. The large slide switch shows this to be the later type of PreEB Sabre. It would be good to know the serial and date on the neck/body, as the later ones especially 1983-4 seem to have been assembled from whatever was to hand. The earlier models 1979-1980 had individual small switches. I had one of the earlier ones and it was an absolutely superb rock bass: loads of punch power and depth. Pre EB Stingrays and Sabres famously went through many versions of pre-amp, and I suspect this is why some Sabres I have tried sounded rather nasal. The weight varied a lot too. Therefore with Sabres I feel its worth trying before you buy, to see if it has the sound/weight you need. £1300 will get you a lot nowadays and certainly a more sophisticated tight and refined bass than a Sabre , but if you want a sound thats dirty and brutish, mine gave it in spadeloads. A much underrated bass in my opinion, and the neck made it slick to play. More info on the superb site by Rod Trussbroken [url="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019/"]http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019/[/url].

I hope this helps, and perhaps Hyperion can give us some (objective !) info on the tone capabilities/weight of this particular instrument and some dating information.

Best wishes

Colin

Edited by loweringthetone

Just to tell the bass was sold today...
in my opinion and very objective..sabre are great basses and worth every penny..i have another sabre that will never sell...it's a 79...but i have to say that i haven't heard great differences beetween the 79 and 84 , different preamps , but the sabre sound is all there...very very powerful with a nice tonal variations available...great bass

[quote name='Hiperi0n' post='203238' date='May 20 2008, 08:51 PM']Just to tell the bass was sold today...
in my opinion and very objective..sabre are great basses and worth every penny..i have another sabre that will never sell...it's a 79...but i have to say that i haven't heard great differences beetween the 79 and 84 , different preamps , but the sabre sound is all there...very very powerful with a nice tonal variations available...great bass[/quote]

Excellent well done.

Did it sell to someone on the forum or was it ebay or local ?

Keep the 1979 sabre . I wish I had !!