Why become a member? ×

Have i got the right effects??

16Again

I've just joined a pop/rock covers band and i need effects, we do a mixture of stuff like goldfrappe, sugababes, garbage, amy Macdonald, dido, blondie, duffy, pink, aye its a female singer! a bloody good one too!
Do you's think these would be good enough effects, the right effects and in the right order?? i have some of these pedals but this is what i plan to beg,steal or borrow! A bit of disco, soul, dance, rock, funk, everything really! Have i chosen the right pedals?

BASS->BBE OPTO STOMP->BOSS GE7 EQ->BOSS TU2->DIGITECH BASS WAH SYNTH->DHA VT1 BASS PURIST->GLX BASS OVERDRIVE->BEHRINGER DIGI REVERB->EH SMALL CLONE->AMP

I've got 30 songs to learn for my first gig with this new band in a week and just one practice so i want to make a good impression with the right sound, the tunes are all pretty easy and this band make loadsa wonga! :) well, £50 each is pretty good aint it?! ha ha!

Do you need any specific effects for anything there?

I can see a good overdrive being important for Garbage maybe. Or a good synth pedal for Goldfrapp or the Sugababes.

The Boss TU-2 is a must. Got to have a tuner.

The GLX Bass Overdrive would probably come in handy, as would the Digitech Bass Way Synth (not that I've tried either pedal). If you are going to be playing synth, keyboard or programmed basslines on your bass guitar, those two would be useful for replicating that kind of sound.

I don't think you'd need any of the rest - especially not the reverb pedal. The DHA pedal is very nice but if you wanted you could get the VT2 or the Dual Custom by DHA and use that instead of the GLX Bass Overdrive.

I think save some money and just get a tuner, an overdrive, and a wah/synth/envelope filter type pedal - unless there is a specific sound you need to recreate.