Why become a member? ×

For Sale: 1984 BC Rich Eagle NJ Series - £170

Truckstop

Hello all,

So here we have for sale or trade this beautiful BC Rich Eagle. It is an NJ model (Nagoya Japan) of which the serial dates it to 1984. I'm looking to shift it because it just doesnt have the sound that I look for in a bass anymore. It's a little too middy, a little too focused for me. I prefer nice deep rolling bass tones these days! I suppose I could swap out the pups, but I really dont want to mod this fine bass. It is all original as it is, and I feel like I would disrespect it by modding.

It's very light, around 7lbs and sits very comfortably. No neckdive and thanks to the small body its handy if you fiddle with knobs a lot. It's quite hard to describe its tone; it's somewhere between a jazz bridge pup and a P pup, plenty of mids, quite throaty but not too aggressive sounding. It's actually not far off the Mark Hoppus Fender sig., probably thanks to the reverse P pick-up. Neck is slim, again very Jazz-like, but a tad wider than a standard jazz neck but not as chunky as a P neck.

[i]"THIS BIT IS IMPORTANT. FOCUS, PEOPLE. Shockwave previously imported this bass from the States, care of a rather heavy handed courier and from a chap who know little about packing, with a resultant neck break in transit. Rob had this professional repaired, including the finish on the painted neck. It makes it very hard for me to take shots (being under paint, and so on) but I want people to be aware." [/i]I would echo other owners' opinions that it is just a complete non-issue and that the neck is probably stronger than it was before!

Right, here's the price: £170. I think this is a very good price so I'm not going to move on it at all I'm afraid.

So there's a couple of trades I'm after; 8 Ohm cabs (No Trace or Ashdown) and P or PJ-style basses. Maybe a Boss RC-30 or a TC Electronic Helicon Voicelive/EHX Voicebox. Actually, try me. There's probably loads of stuff I havent thought of so just give me a shout with your thoughts.

There's some pictures in this gallery here (photos wouldnt attach for some reason?): [url="http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/jon_kemo/1984%20BC%20Rich%20NJ%20Eagle/"]http://s106.photobuc...h%20NJ%20Eagle/[/url] (More photos further down the thread too)

I'm happy to meet/deliver + collect up to 150 miles away (I'm based in St. Albans) for a bit of cash and some tea. I am reluctant to send via courier, but I will if you are prepared to pay all delivery costs. It'll come with a new Spider molded style hardcase.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Truckstop

Anyway, allow me to vajazzle this thread, or something.

N[i]ow for something complete different... 1984 BC Rich Nagoya Japan ('NJ') Eagle. Lightweight, with hot pick-ups, this has been a fond go-to bass for when you need to rock out. It's been nicely mojo'ed over the years, and joined me from Shockwave. It's quite a tasteful bass :lol:[/i]

Edited by Gust0o

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1332281580' post='1586199']
MK1 blazer possibly?
[/quote]

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1332283397' post='1586243']
Yes
[/quote]

You guys!!! :)

Alex - Take the Blazer, unless Ash has changed his mind. B)

Ash, have you gone all Pink and Pointy on us?? :D

Cheers. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...