Why become a member? ×

XOTIC XJ1T 5 STRING

soggs

[size=5][font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]If you haven't come across these basses before, they are cracking. The only reason for me moving this bass on is because I’m a four string man. I have played a few 5 strings before, but I have to say when I picked this bass up it felt right. It’s amazingly comfortable to play, action to die for. Sorry about photo's it looks far better in the flesh, the cherry is stunning, white pearlescent scratch plate and matching rosewood pickup covers, I had the matching headstock too. It was so nice in every way I had to buy it, but before this I had already bought the four string exactly the same spec and that had blown me away too, hence tried the five.
Very light for a five string, also as it was ordered new for me I had the old school arrangement 2-volume 1-tone plus three band eq. The Trilogic pre-amp is really versatile, the 1st volume knob push/pull, which is active/passive, 2nd volume knob push/pull, which is single/humbucking. The original pick ups were fine, but I had Lindy Fralin put some alnico heavy Formvar in, the same as the 1960-64 Fender Jazz's had in, that combined with the preamp lovely. I still have the original pickups and also another set of rosewood pickup covers included in sale, it comes with their latest stiffened gig bag. The bass is alder body, 22 fret maple/rosewood neck, matching h/stock, Jescar silver nickel frets, Hipshot ultra light tuners, Hipshot a brass chrome bridge, chrome hardware, Gotoh strap buttons. As I said I’ve owned it from new, paid over £2300 for her, if you’re looking for a high end bass with both old school and high end sound this is the 5 string for you. Its immaculate not a mark on it, basically as new, played very little. [/color][/font][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000]Looking for £1550 as the extra pickups and the old school controls, matching head stock, and if you notice forgot to say had switches put on front, they are mid switches, I know there standard now, but I had to pay for all these extras, so I feel its a fair price for such a nice bass. Oh have more pictures if required.[/color][/font][/font][/size]

Edited by soggs

[quote name='pistonbroke' timestamp='1332243888' post='1585322']
Nice S/jazz Soggs, Colour/look,s etc. have a Bump :)
[/quote]yes i've got the four string in same colour, only selling this as can't seem to get on with five strings, although its funny the reason why i bought it, was because its the most comfortable 5 string i've ever picked up

[quote name='grahamd' timestamp='1332421560' post='1588040']
I have one of these and they are the mutts. Easily on a par with your Sadowky's/Nordys etc. and the range of tones from the preamp is sensational. Can't recommend them enough. Bump!
[/quote]cheers mate, if only more people new this, as i said i have the identical 4 string, only reason moving on is prefer 4's than 5's, but still best five i've ever picked up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...