Why become a member? ×

Power ball

Deep Thought

Well, according to most people here they seem to work pretty well. As I've said elsewhere, our drummer broke his left arm pretty badly earlier this year, and I told him to get one for rehab. He was delighted with it, and showed it to his physiotherapist, who was blown away and basically said 'we've got to get some of these!'
They're just good fun anyway, quite addictive when you start trying to beat your own record. Get one with a rev counter.

[quote name='markytbass' post='175642' date='Apr 13 2008, 02:43 PM']Had mine about 12 months, not used it much but this thread has started me off again. 10321 left hand and 10507 right.[/quote]

Obviously a two hand man :huh: :)

• 8 months later...

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='232808' date='Jul 4 2008, 03:40 PM']You start them without the string by flicking them with your thumb... (NOTE: this takes a bit of practice. :)) NEVER roll them on the carpet or your jeans etc. they gather dust and cease this way.[/quote]

Ah... that's probably why mine is dead now. I lost the string ages ago. I've had mine for about 3 years now, time for a fresh one I think. Who's bought one recently? Where's the cheapest place?

[quote name='Nicksb1000' post='426303' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:47 PM']I know this is a old thread but if you have a powerball, get it going and hold it over the pickup on you bass. It makes an amazing sub-drop sound! Probably not a great idea to do it at high volume caus i guess is could damage you speakers![/quote]

Waaah That's brilliant! A great effect. One of those things to add to your records to get people guessing like The Boxer's backwards gunshot sound ...

One or two of my watches "click" through the amp when they are close to my pickups too :)

This sounds like a whole new thread ....

[quote name='OldGit' post='426424' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:46 PM']Waaah That's brilliant! A great effect. One of those things to add to your records to get people guessing like The Boxer's backwards gunshot sound ...

One or two of my watches "click" through the amp when they are close to my pickups too :)

This sounds like a whole new thread ....[/quote]

Band called sylosis use it at the beginning of their track Teras Its on their myspace site if you want to have a listen! Think its from the very end of the rotations, the really bassy frequencies, Kinda sounds like a world war 2 fighter plane or something!