Why become a member? ×

Foo Fighters Reading '95

joeystrange

I was there!!!! :D
Reading '95 was my first festival and it was awesome. I spent the whole weekend in the moshpit - White Zombie were the best.

Anyways, yeah I went to see the Foo Fighters. To this day I've never seen such a crowd. I was expecting a lot of interest but from about 2hrs beforehand there was a general shift away from the main stage to the marquee. Perhaps because (if I recall rightly) they were on at the same time as Bjork! :lol:
I managed to get in the marquee (the crowd went back for miles outside) and was about 25m out wide stage left. My enduring memory was of a guy (guys?) climbing right to the top of the central pillars of the marquee. The whole gig was mental though.

I wasn't aware of a recording - not that I ever looked. If its available somewhere and you have a link then please PM me. Would be great to hear it in a more chilled setting. :lol:

[quote name='coasterbass' timestamp='1331631951' post='1576029']
I was there!!!! :D
Reading '95 was my first festival and it was awesome. I spent the whole weekend in the moshpit - White Zombie were the best.

Anyways, yeah I went to see the Foo Fighters. To this day I've never seen such a crowd. I was expecting a lot of interest but from about 2hrs beforehand there was a general shift away from the main stage to the marquee. Perhaps because (if I recall rightly) they were on at the same time as Bjork! :lol:
I managed to get in the marquee (the crowd went back for miles outside) and was about 25m out wide stage left. My enduring memory was of a guy (guys?) climbing right to the top of the central pillars of the marquee. The whole gig was mental though.

I wasn't aware of a recording - not that I ever looked. If its available somewhere and you have a link then please PM me. Would be great to hear it in a more chilled setting. :lol:
[/quote]

That's cool!
Yeah, he keeps telling people to get down or they'll get kicked off stage but apparently they didn't listen.

They put it online a few days ago, probably as a precursor to this year's announcement. Here's the link: [url="http://reading.foofighters.com/?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=awe.sm-twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_content=foofightersreading-foofightersreadingtwitter"]http://reading.foofighters.com/?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=awe.sm-twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_content=foofightersreading-foofightersreadingtwitter[/url]

I saw them at Ozzfest (yes really) just after The Colour And The Shaps was released. Very good back then, those first three albums are ace. I really like the first one cos the production on it is so raw and punky, Good Grief being a particular fave.