Why become a member? ×

Allow myself to introduce...myself

D.I. Joe

Greetings fellow low-enders!

The name's Joe, been playing bass now for about five and a half years and in that time I think I'm doing pretty well at it! My previous musical adventures lay in the brass band world, so I came into bass fairly well equipped with some knowledge of music theory and literacy - still struggle to sight read bass clef though!

Current gear is:

Basses -
'07 Fender USA Highway One Precision (a friend for life no doubt!)
OLP Stingray HH
Shine RK2000NT (for sale)
Shine mystery 5-string which a mate of mine picked up at a car boot sale for £50, works pretty well though!

Amplification -
Marshall MB450H
Marshall MBC410 speakers

Effects -
EHX Bass Big Muff
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Danelectro FAB Chorus
Behringer PB100 Preamp Booster
DHA VT1-Bass-EQ-Drive pre-amp/overdrive
Fender pedal tuner
Korg AX3000B MultiFX (for sale)

Strings -
Rotosound - Swing bass and Rotobass (50-110)
Dean Markley - NPS Roundcore (45-105)

Always looking at new toys and upgrading gear (as I'm sure we all are) but unfortunately finances do not allow at present, but as you can see I have a couple of items for sale at present, which I will post in the for sale forum too. Plus I have a spate of wedding gigs coming up which is always welcome!

Genre wise - I just about play anything and everything. With Fragile Sanity, who I have only recently joined, we cover everything from the Beatles to Metallica, via Calvin Harris and Michael Buble. I frequent jam nights around Cornwall where anything goes, and have also played acoustic rock with a couple of bands, some fuzzy garage rock, metal, reggae, blues. You name it!

No Jazz though, need to get the old scale book out again first!

So that's me - looking forward to getting stuck in on the forum and making some friends, hopefully even some around me!

Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the forum Joe, this isn't the place to be when you have funds for new gear, as those funds will dissapear faster than you know it and you'll find yourself with something with a funky name. I think i've spotted a few members around the Cornwall area so i'm sure you have people close, just like we all seem to.

Liam

• 2 weeks later...