Why become a member? ×

Spector Legend 5 Classic in deep cherry red - Sold pending le usual

Hey guys

I've decided to put my Spector up for sale. I bought it thinking I would come in handy for my band but ever since I got it, i did a recording with it and used it for one practise. Apart from that, I've learnt a couple of songs on it and noodled around on it. It plays unbelievably well and sounds amazing (especially with the EMG HZ pick ups and the EMG BQC pre amp) but I'm just not utilising the 5th string. I have it tuned to Drop A# but considering my band play in Drop C# (C#, G#, C#, F#) I just keep tuning the E string down to C# and ignoring the 5th string.

Cosmetically I'd say the bass is in 7/10 condition. It has 2 or 3 tiny pen nib chips in the finish around the edge and some usual buckle rash on the back. I didn't buy it new and from what I can work out from one of the markings, the bass dates back to 2000. The neck is in perfect condition, has no marks on it and feels satin smooth when you play it. All the hardware is black, the finish is a deep cherry red, the fretboard is rosewood with pearl dot inlays and the neck has a 4 bolt on construction. I've added some schaller style strap locks to the bass as well which were an extra £15 but i'll be leaving them on the bass when I sell it.

Price, I'm looking for [s]what I paid for it which was £400 £325 £300[/s] £250 (and that's the lowest i'll go). For that, i'll leave the strap locks on, throw in a Ritter gig bag and get the intonation checked over before it's sold. Collection is welcome with prior arrangement or postage will be around £15/£20 to mainland UK (please ask about overseas)

Here's the pictures. I like to try and be honest when describing the items i'm selling which is why I gave this a 7/10 although some may say it's an 8/10. The damage to the finish is documented in the last 3 photos (nothing extreme but please excuse quality, my iPhone is my only source for taking photos)

Picture 1: body shot

Picture 2: headstock

Picture 3: headstock top (because if you're like me, I like to see if the top of the headstock is damaged. This one is in perfect condition)

Picture 4: back shot to show buckle rash

Picture 5: back edge 1 - 2 tiny dents in finish (not chips) and a bit of a scuff (can be polished out easily) but they can't normally be seen as it's where your arm would be anyway

Picture 6: back edge 2 - pen nib sized chip in paint work (next to finger, hardly noticeable)

Picture 7: with the Squier VM Jazz bass and Tobias Toby Pro 4-B (retired from gigging)

So yeah, drop me your messages!

Cheers
Stevie

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

Cheers bud. I didn't really notice much of a difference with the extra inch in the scale. Keeps the extra string in tune better though and it's much easier to intonate/keep intonated.
I'm just sticking to my Precision and Jazz basses for now plus my laptop has gone up the shoot so now, the money from this will be going on a new Macbook.
Someone buy my bass pleaaaase!