Why become a member? ×

ampeg 6x10 buzz?

danbowskill

a guy who runs our studio rooms and rehearsal's has offerd me a cracking deal on 1 of his cabs ( £250,he aint short of a bob).
its in top cosmetic condition...but for reflection on price he said it fart's slightly on the deep notes ? i only had a short time to test it (just time to bang a few note through my head,not enough time to check cones)..........he said he has had it checked over and was told that it all seems to be in order?? so if turns out its not a cone or 2? then any ideas out there?? and is it worth it?.

plays fine quiet volumes but when you take it to moderate it gets farty when you push the e string.if it turns out to be a cone or two.....then a bargain i think?

so 6 ohm speakers in the cab is it??my head runs at 8,4 or 2 ohm ! i have a couple of spare 10" eminence legends (150 watts at 4 ohms)and 2 eminence neo's (8 ohm ) if i need to replace 1 or 2? would these ball's the cab up to much(im thinking safer with the 4ohm 1s more??) if not then it would be good as im quite broke !

Edited by danbowskill

i have just read up on talkbass,
.found a wiring diagram......might be that thats the problem?(as 1 of the speakers is moving a bit differnt to the others)or might be higher ohm speaker put in? (he thinks they are the original speakers??).i have only just got it back from the practice rooms tonight and not had chance to strip it down ,so tomorrow is going to be my full check!
it is the ported 1 mr.foxen.

they run 2x 6ohm in parallel so 12,12,12ohm in line ...so if i had to put 2x 4ohm or 8ohm to next to each other to replace 1 of the 12s would it still be farting at all? (only a short term sollution)

Edited by danbowskill