Why become a member? ×

Schroeder .... incoming !

hamfist

A bit excited ... just won a Schroeder 410L on ebay. It's one of the really lightweight 4x10's (plus tweeter) with the angled baffle.

Anyone had any experience of these ?

I'll be using an Ashdown ABM500 and a GK 700RB II with it.

Nice one, my 21012L has the angled 12, and the cab is great. Really powerful, and the volume seems the same no matter where you stand - aside from behind it, that is. Sounds great with my GK MB500.

One thing to bear in mind though - don`t be disappointed in the sound if you use it at home at regular tv volumes. Schroeders don`t - or at least mine doesn`t - sound very good at these volumes. But, at rehearsal/gig volumes - that`s when they come alive.

Mine is the best cab I`ve ever had, and I`ve had Ampegs, Marshalls, Edens, and a Barefaced Compact/Midget setup, which I rated very highly indeed, but imo, the Schroeder just edges it.

Agree with Lozz, Schroeders (or at least mine) seem to have two sounds. The close up/standing in front almost bland sound, and the huge/loud room shaking 20ft in front sound.
i was quite disappointed in my 1210R when i first got it. Very middy and not much low end, then i went for a wander out front at a soundcheck one night. Almost a completely different tone. Slightly less mids but more low end and to my ears a warmer more balanced tone. Still not a conventional tone to my ear's but ive never struggled to be heard using just one cab.

[i]I had a 410L which I used with an ABM500. Great sound and loud enough to make the walls shake. It is truly a one cab solution, you'll never need to pair it with anything else.[/i]

[i]I wouldn't bother too much about the Schroeder "sound". That tends to apply to the medium and small cabs like the 1210 and 1212. The big ones have more of a balanced sound. They may have a bit of a mid hump but it's not really prominent enough to become annoying at low volumes or in a sparse mix. [/i]

Edited by DirkThrust