Why become a member? ×

P Bass fretless copy

LemonCello

Selling my franken fender fretless. This has been professionally de-fretted by Simon at Cardiff Guitars. Neither he nor I are aware of the make? Some of you might know based on the shape of the head stock?

Anyway, it's light, in top condition, plays very well wearing flats and got me playing fretless to a very basic standard.

Strangely for an inexpensive instrument, it seems to have very powerful pup's? I haven't had the scratch plate off to have a look.

If you are looking for a cheap fret less to get you started, you could do a lot worse than this.

Looking for [s]£125[/s] [b]£100 [/b]posted please. Thanks for looking, LC

Edited by LemonCello

[quote name='noojb' timestamp='1330965101' post='1565467']
i've got a spare boss tuner (tu2). would you take that and 50 quid on top?
[/quote]

Hiya mate,

Not quite enough. Tuner new £69 and they seem to go on here for about £40 £45.

I'll take the tuner + £70 if its in good nick and complete.

Cheers,

LC

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1330868337' post='1563996']
Neither he nor I are aware of the make? Some of you might know based on the shape of the head stock?[/quote]
From the look of the hardware I'd hazard a guess it's a Harley Benton kit with the headstock shape modified.

Forgive my speculative observation if this isn't the case.

Bump.

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1331331801' post='1571683']
From the look of the hardware I'd hazard a guess it's a Harley Benton kit with the headstock shape modified.

Forgive my speculative observation if this isn't the case.

Bump.
[/quote]

You may be right but I still have no idea!

Having done a bit of reading over the weekend, I think this may just be an Encore. Body is made of something called Wuton which is very light apparantly. Anyway, if it is in fact an Encore, they do get a good write up and as I've said earlierr in this thread it does play very well and sounds smooth and punchy.