Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop '59 P bass Heavy Relic SOLD

Legion

Just bought this from Wes on admittedly, a total whim :) I love it, it's just like my Pino was in that, comfy, old pair of slippers way.

I've fed that big old slab rosewood board a very good dose of fretdoctor oil and its sucked up the lot so now has a darker more oiled look. I also received the new threaded, reliced bridge saddle from fender a couple days ago so that has been repaired.

Everything else is just as it should be, lovely vintage sound and the broken in chromes sound excellent (pity I can never play them long enough to get them like that). I've recently just come to a conclusion that I'm going to sell all but one bass and this is first to go unfortunately :(
Probably closely followed by my Sadowsky...

Weight is very nice at 9lbs dead on (with all the metal work fitted), comes with all the case candy and the case itself is mint. £2100 gets you an amazing bit of master builder level relicing and vintage goodness. Collection preferred but I'll pack it if you want to arrange a courier.
[attachment=101602:IMGP2992.jpg][attachment=101603:IMGP2993.jpg][attachment=101604:IMGP2994.jpg][attachment=101597:IMGP2987.jpg][attachment=101598:IMGP2988.jpg][attachment=101599:IMGP2989.jpg][attachment=101600:IMGP2990.jpg][attachment=101601:IMGP2991.jpg]
There, I did it :sorry:

Edited by Legion

Wes, being a mate of mine, very kindly let me have a play on this bass whenever he had it with him. I honestly think it is one of the most stunning Precisions I have ever had pleasure of playing and well worth the price tag. Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='K-Dog109' timestamp='1331303973' post='1571095']
Wes, being a mate of mine, very kindly let me have a play on this bass whenever he had it with him. I honestly think it is one of the most stunning Precisions I have ever had pleasure of playing and well worth the price tag. Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]
You are right there, it's a really nice bass. Some unfortunate logistics got in the way of the pending trade, but now it's sold anyway and on its way up north.
Thanks all :)