Why become a member? ×

Hello BC

Bassmekanik

Hello to you all

I guess I should have posted in here first but i normally neglect intro`s far too often on forums but i quite like the look of you lot so reckon i may just stick around a bit :)

I`m Paul, started playing double bass 30 years ago or so in orchestra`s and the like for 7/8 years and during that time picked up a bass guitar (basically because the orchestra i played in had 2 db players yet only 1 db...) and never looked back. Ive played in a few different bands over the years, nothing particularly well known - outwith Aberdeen at least, although ive been fortunate enough to play in some strange and funky venue`s over the years (The Saint in new jersey must be mentioned, if only because the owner is an ex-pat edinburgh man and was amazingly friendly to us).

Our styles ranged from straight up rock to some quirkier techno/rock crosses and currently i just jam with a few chums playing some zep/sabbath/rush cover stuff to keep my hand in.

My current most played bass is a Rickenbacker 4003spc blackstar thing, totally amazing bass. Had to sell my trusty fireblow Ric to make room for it but that was a trade off i was very happy to make :D

I dont really have much in the amp side of things, I have a small Trace Elliot GP7 which is more than enough for around the house. I am fortunate that a good friend runs a studio in Aberdeen and has a decent selection of bass rigs that i can borrow and abuse if the need ever arises.

I used to have a decent effects collection but unfortunately these were "mis-placed" by a nameless friend during a gig and ive never really replaced them. Guess i should get round to it sometime.

Anyways, nice to be here and very good to have a decent place for checking out things from the bass point of view.