Why become a member? ×

What does this info mean regarding EBS amps?

Linus27

Can someone please explain what it means when EBS puts the following for their amp specs,

[b]Dynamic Output Power 660 W RMS[/b]
[b]Continuous Output Power 540 W RMS[/b]

Whats the difference between Dynamic Output Power and Continous Output Power??

Also, with the same amp, EBS quote the following

[b]400/460 at 4 Ohms and 530/650 at 2 ohms[/b]

What is there two figures for the two different Ohms as in 400/460 at 4 Ohms?

Must admit 500w or so means very little to me beyond is it loud enough for MY purposes

I equate it to cars and BHP and top speed etc ... you need to know what this really means in context
with the car.
A BMW and Mondeo will both do 150mph..for example, but there is a world of difference in how they do it.

500 watts from one amp, IME.. may not be like 500 in another in terms of how it handles it.
Some amps will be puffing away to get to 500watts...others will do it easily and sound nowhere near as 'strained'

Of course, these are subjective observations and not scientific, on my part.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1330331172' post='1555638']
Must admit 500w or so means very little to me beyond is it loud enough for MY purposes

I equate it to cars and BHP and top speed etc ... you need to know what this really means in context
with the car.
A BMW and Mondeo will both do 150mph..for example, but there is a world of difference in how they do it.

500 watts from one amp, IME.. may not be like 500 in another in terms of how it handles it.
Some amps will be puffing away to get to 500watts...others will do it easily and sound nowhere near as 'strained'

Of course, these are subjective observations and not scientific, on my part.
[/quote]

i see what u mean here.used a hartke HA5500 and a Ashdowb ABM 1 both are around 500 watt amps but the hartke pisses over the ashdown in terms or volume and head room. Theres so much more volume on the hartke

Although what mondeos u been drinving that do 150.lol maybe the ST

[quote name='paulypbass' timestamp='1330337579' post='1555740']
i see what u mean here.used a hartke HA5500 and a Ashdowb ABM 1 both are around 500 watt amps but the hartke pisses over the ashdown in terms or volume and head room. Theres so much more volume on the hartke

Although what mondeos u been drinving that do 150.lol maybe the ST
[/quote]

ha ha ...... I was assured this guy's modeo ST was good for 150... but he said it got to 120 and stayed there for eons. Maybe the implication was that it might do it but it had basically run out of puff and was gasping beyond 120
I do recall passing him at a decent lick <_< ...and I know BMW's do what they say on the tin....
The acceleation curve is steady and upward.and it will hit its top speed easily.

Edited by JTUK