Why become a member? ×

Remix competition entry (another one!)

Skol303

Another half-baked remix competition entry from yours truly. This time it's a rehash of 'Butterfly Effect' by Lamb. I doubt that it'll be everyone's (or indeed anyone's?!) cup of tea, but some of you old skool ravers might like it...

http://soundcloud.com/skollob/butterfly-effect-jumblist

... to everyone else, it'll sound like the reason why earplugs were invented ;)

[b]>>> CAUTION <<<[/b]
It's been mixed on headphones as my monitors are kaput, so the low end may well be an unrelenting, cone-ripping monster. Or not. I have no real way of telling… so in the immortal words of Chris Duckenfield: "watch your bass bins, I'm telling ya!"

^ Cheers guys, I really appreciated the positive feedback! Of all the forums I use for sharing music, it always means the most to hear a good word from the folks here... :D

It's not a very complex track all told, but it was quite a pain to mix and includes many layers of processing, automation, etc. I'm glad it sounds ok to you both - oddly enough I use AKG 'phones too and find them pretty decent for mixing purposes (especially when that's my only option!).

Anyway, I don't imagine I'll be anywhere near the winning entry but it was fun working on it. I'm a big fan of Lamb too, so it felt like quite an honour having opportunity to mess with Lou's vocals.

Cheers again fellas.