Why become a member? ×

GONE! MIM Fretless Jazz for trade poss sale

Jobiebass

I bought CHRISDABASS's 'ray a month or so ago and I havent really put it down, ive got another fretless on the way so my jazz aint really going to be getting used.

its a black MIM fretless Jazz with Roto Jazz flat strings, although I just changed them back to Roto Roundwound's today to make it brighter, you can have both sets. scratch plate is metalic silver/gray which is currently waiting to be lackered, although I may do it the black and marble purple as I'll have loads of that paint left .

scratch plate currently off.

few buckle scratches on the back in a little patch, no big dings. generally very clean, low action and nice sounding bass. I can take better pics if anyones interested.

Id like to trade it preferably, Maybe a MIM Jazz fretted, but open to any offers of any fretted bass's. Even 5 a string

Edited by Jobiebass

• 2 weeks later...

I dont realy want to sell it. ill only end up buying another on here anyways. Prefer trade unless a reasonable offer is made. how much are these worth now-a-days?? I cant find any around to price compare. I paid somewhere around the 300-350 mark for it 2nd hand about a year ago.

really?????????????
humm.. I might end up keeping it then.
I bought my first ever bass for that price and its pants, and I love this bass. I Expected it to keep its 2nd hand value as they are about 450 new.

Edited by Jobiebass

Ah the fretless may be more expensive, i dunno. But you can get a standard MIM fretted for £340 from GAK.

There was a thread concerning the value of a standard fretted MIM jazz the other day and i think the general consensus was that they generally go for £200-£250 used. I'm not sure if that's the case for fretless or not, they might be worth more (i haven't really looked, not my thing), but there isn't as much of a market for them.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='180900' date='Apr 20 2008, 10:31 AM']Jobie , mate

Listen to yourself.

Do the clever thing - take it off trade/sale and go get it fretted.

Job's over.[/quote]

Why bother? A decent fret job will cost £100.

Why not get a MIJ Fender neck from the states, that way, you have a fretted and fretless necks! Cost you about £100 all in.

[quote name='mic mac moe' post='182509' date='Apr 22 2008, 07:51 AM']:) I have a Yamaha BB414 to trade if you fancy.Its the metallic orange one with matching head.P and J-alike pups.Well funkeh![/quote]

woah, who just got tango'd??
Its a little too bright for me, sorry

• 1 month later...