Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 500 RC Evo II Chrome Fronted

warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='172038' date='Apr 8 2008, 09:27 AM']Just browsing Soundslive's website as I'm popping up to the Toon today and spotted this (1 only ex-demo) @ £359... seems a fair price if that's your bag.[/quote]

Is that the same as the one for £449 new?
Looks really nice.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='172259' date='Apr 8 2008, 02:35 PM']Is that the same as the one for £449 new?
Looks really nice.[/quote]

I've no idea! I've no affiliation with SL though I've used them numerous times and I'm on first name terms with the owner (always the sign of a good business man when you can greet your customers by remembering their name). I just thought that these amps were a fair bit more than £359 when they came out and anything less than £1 per watt for a quality amp is normally my means of judging value :huh: Saying that I've no idea if Ashdown's ABM range is still considered 'quality amp' :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='172289' date='Apr 8 2008, 02:55 PM']I've no idea! I've no affiliation with SL though I've used them numerous times and I'm on first name terms with the owner (always the sign of a good business man when you can greet your customers by remembering their name). I just thought that these amps were a fair bit more than £359 when they came out and anything less than £1 per watt for a quality amp is normally my means of judging value :huh: Saying that I've no idea if Ashdown's ABM range is still considered 'quality amp' :)[/quote]

I was only asking because you didnt actually put a link in your first post so i couldn't tell what you were talking about.
There is also a pre amp for around the same price.
Your right though, these were quite expensive a few years ago.

Oddly enough as you rightly point out the 'normal' Evo500 II is more expensive than the chrome fronted one!

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~ashdown-abm-500-rc-evo-ii-head~id~8583.asp"]http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~a...ead~id~8583.asp[/url]