Why become a member? ×

Brit Floyd

Cygnus x-1

Anybody seen Brit Floyd, if so what are they like?

I've seen 5 or 6 different Floyd tributes inc Australian PF, some were outstanding, some were OK, but I just noticed the price of a ticket to see BF is £27.50!!

I was shocked at that price or are they that good or am I out of touch? I've just bought a Glenn Hughes ticket for may this year for £20 and I can't remember how much Black Country Communion last year was but I don't think it was too pricey. Any thoughts guys?

Brit Floyd are amazing!
I saw them at Glasto last year and they played a great set... most likely better than whatever tripe was playing on the Pyramid stage at the time :D
They even played "Great Gig In The Sky", a risky choice, but the vocalist totally nailed it.
One of the highlights of the festival for me.

Saw them at York last May and going again this May. Excellent show over 2hrs + and an interval to replenish beer.
Very authentic, good choice of tunes, well staged.
They have a website which has vids which were recorded at Liverpool.
thorughly recommend it for a good night, well worth the cost.

Andy

I saw Brit Floyd at their initial UK gig back in January 2011. - This was at Liverpool's Echo Arena and was filmed - I think the DVD may still be available from their website.

The ticket price for this gig was a pittance by today's inflated standards and I went with no pre-conceptions whatsoever. I came away absolutely blown away by the sheer quality and attention to detail of the whole performance. They opened with "Shine on you crazy diamond", this and the next few songs being played in the same sequence as the "Pulse" DVD and it sounded so close to that it was easy to forget that this was just a tribute band - helped by me sitting in a fairly good spec right at the back of the arena. :rolleyes: In the "second half" they did a full performance of Dark Side of the Moon and the expected "Wish You were Here", "Comfortably Numb" and "Run Like Hell".

I've never seen the Australian Pink Floyd Show before, so I can't compare them. - TAPFS's tickets seem to be going for about £33.50 right now for the same venue, but strangely when I checked out Ticketmaster about 3 weeks ago it had the tickets at a whopping £79!! Anyway; I can wholeheartedly recommend Brit Floyd.

Edited by Krysbass

Aussie Floyd must have really hiked their prices up, it was about £27 to see them do the whole of The Wall plus a few additional songs tacked on the end in 2009. They did a greatest hits gig at same venue in 2010 but I didn't go so don't know what price that was.

• 3 weeks later...