Why become a member? ×

Cort Curbow 5 string - £200 NOW SOLD

Conan

I bought this bass new from Thomann around two years ago. They list at around £500. I've really enjoyed playing it. It's never been gigged, but has been used only in the house and in rehearsal studios. It has a surprisingly wide range of tones for a single-pickup instrument and is very well made.

Condition-wise? Well, there are no dings or scratches on the body, and only a tiny amount of buckle-rash which doesn't even show up on any pictures. However... there is some superficial damage to the pickup cover. This was stupidly caused by me. I'd lowered the pickup and for some reason I couldn't raise it again. So what did I do? I took a mole-wrench and tried unsuccessfully to lift the pickup. :o If only I could turn back time... :rolleyes:

The Bass Doc retrieved the situation and repaired most of the damage, but it is still visible if you look for it. I have tried to show this in the pictures, which make it look worse than it really appears! Anyway, best to be honest.

There are lots of videos on youtube showing what these basses are capable of, and obviously anyone buying an unfamiliar instrument would do their research.

It has been recently re-strung with DR Lo-Riders (40 - 125) and is sounding great. It is currently set up with a very low action and is stupendously easy to play. String spacing is very comfortable, even for my large mitts.

I've tried unsuccessfully to find a fitted case for this unusual body shape, but the bass comes with a brand-new Fender standard gigbag worth about £20.

Why am I moving it on? Well, I am trying to finance the purchase of a Geddy Lee Jazz bass, and also I just find that this bass responds best to a light and subtle touch rather than big fat Geordie fingers bashing away at it! I do not have a light touch... :(

Any questions fire away! I have more pics if anyone wishes to see anything specific and can easily take more if requested.

I am happy to package it up for shipping if the buyer wishes to arrange their own courier, otherwise I will ship from this end (at buyer's expense of course!). Shipping should be around a tenner within the UK.

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1330114044' post='1553078']
I'd be quite interested if mine sells ?
[/quote]

What you selling?

Ignore this - I know now! Cool bass!

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1330856388' post='1563704']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sausage sandwich bump. Forty quid's worth of strings and twenty quid's worth of gigbag here!![/font][/color]
[/quote]
Would you still be interested in a trade ? If not have a free bump anyway

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1330941227' post='1564904']
Would you still be interested in a trade ? [/quote]

I've looked at your bass a few times! I'd like to try a fan-fret, and I like the look of the Prosebass instruments - but I'm not sure about the short scale. I also need some cash to finance the jazz bass that should be arriving soon!

[quote name='doggbass' timestamp='1331121595' post='1567902']
Yo man wer r u based? Im sellin my ibanez to get a cort curbow so if i can sell it and travell to u if ur not too far ill take it!
[/quote]

I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne :)

Nice review here...

[url="http://sites.thestar.com.my/audio/440Hz/440_story.asp?file=/2002/12/5/audiofile/05cort"]http://sites.thestar...udiofile/05cort[/url]

And some other interesting info here...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/56436-string-spacingneck-width-on-cort-curbow/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/56436-string-spacingneck-width-on-cort-curbow/[/url]

Edited by Conan

Bump for significant (10%) price drop.

I also have a used hard case available that I am happy to package this bass in for shipping. Extra cost £20.

I need cash to cover an unexpectedly expensive repair to my Status :(

Final price drop.... if it doesn't sell at this silly price I'm keeping it. Too good a bass to give away.

£200.

That's for a good bass in good condition, a barely used set of expensive strings, an almost new fender gigbag (or hard case for an extra tenner). I might even chuck in a brand new......

No I won't. Not at this stupid price.