Why become a member? ×

FS Carbon Precision Bass (P-Bass)

bushansky@gmail.com

P-bass covered with carbon and covered with lacquer lining is made of decorative aluminum fabric are alsocovered with varnish, which gives the uniqueness of thisbass. It is just one instance.

Covering carbon than spectacular appearance gave depth andvibrance. Also, carbon is well screened from electromagneticinterference.

Mounted pickups Seymour Duncan SPB-2.

The cost of 1500 euro with EMS delivery.

That thing is screaming out for a Status carbon neck!

I see from the other pics that the the brand name is 'Brahner', which is a brand most of us have never heard of. I found out that they are a German company but not much more than that. How much do these basses sell for new, are they a cheap Fender copy or a more boutique bass like a Sandberg?

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome,

Nice looking bass. You obviously have good skills with laying up carbon fibre, I work with carbon fibre also, mostly on bobsleds, so I know it is tricky to get a good finish. Just a tip though, for 1500euros you can get a lot of amazing basses so you really need to use top end components. I made a similar carbon bass for a friend and for 500euros.

Good luck with the full carbon build. Make a custom mould, use a pre-preg and autoclave, not wet-lay. Then with some top end hardware that would be more like the 1500 price tag

Have fun,
Iain