Why become a member? ×

Sansamp RBI + shuttle 9.0

TonyBones

Need a bit of help here Guys at the moment I'm running my bass into the front of my RBI with the sansamp out connected to the input of my shuttle, this allows me to have the tone shaping of both units or use the shuttle on it's own with the SA switched out.

My question is 1, is this doing any harm running in effect 2 preamps and is there a better way of wiring the units but still keeping the tone shaping of the two without using an A/B box ?

I'd suggest what you are doing is the best way of going about it. You won't do the amp any harm, though the RBI may increase the input gain so just watch the amp isn't clipping too easy.

You could connect the RBI to the effects loop return (assuming the amp has one) and this would bypass the amps preamp section (effectively using the amp as a power amp only and all your tone shaping being sone by the RBI) should you decide you prefer the RBI's tone shaping and wish to use that as your main sound.

How do you have it wired up with an A/B switch? Does the RBI have true bypass, so you can use the footswitch out on the back to turn the unit on and off as needed and the signal will still pass through when in the 'off' position?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1328961487' post='1535288']
Personally I'd buy a Sansamp pedal instead. Much less hassle, weight and still the core fundamental of the tone!
[/quote]

Did toy with the idea but my shuttle and my power conditioner / tuner are racked are racked.

[quote name='TonyBones' timestamp='1328987005' post='1535794']
Darkglass nice gear! but I'm a bit hesitant with stuff I don't know or haven't used after everyone told me how good fulltone Bass drivers were, Mine was utter crap :(
[/quote]

That sucks... I LOVE my Full Tone Bass Drive. My Fav' Overdrive of all time! Horses for courses and all that.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1328988210' post='1535808']
That sucks... I LOVE my Full Tone Bass Drive. My Fav' Overdrive of all time! Horses for courses and all that.
[/quote]

It was probably more to do with what i wanted out of an overdrive, in fairness it was the best constructed pedal I've ever seen, just not for me.