Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Lakland 55-64 5-String P-Bass, Maple Neck, Nordstrands

lowregisterhead

For sale/trade is my Lakland 55-64 Skyline 35" scale 5-string P-bass (formerly the Bob Glaub model). It's a Lakland Owners Group limited edition, one of only 30, it's about a year old, plays beautifully and sounds great, but I've decided I'm a jazz bass man at heart!

I've only ever had it out on one gig, so it is literally as new. They call the finish 'Butterscotch', and it has a maple neck and black block markers. It came with the Nordstrand NP-5 pickup fitted by Lakland, and it sounds huge, with great clarity and detail - for a passive bass it also has a lot of output.

Despite not being a US made model, the build quality and finish are excellent - I've owned USA Laklands in the past, and it makes me wonder if the fairly small differences between them and some of the Skylines really justifies charging 3 times the price. This one was assembled, checked and Plek'd in Chicago.

At a shade over 9 lbs, it's light for a 5, and balances well. Sale price is £850 + shipping, and the only trades I'm really interested in are 35" 5-string twin pickup basses, preferably active (a Lakland DJ5 with a John East or an Audere preamp, perchance?). But wotcha got??

Dave

Now SOLD, pending the usual....

Edited by lowregisterhead